SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting, for some reason Volvo cannot seem to get my T8 through customs clearance. It has been at the port in MD since 1 Jan. There were other T8s on the same boat, that were released within 2-3 days of arrival. I have spoken with both my sales rep and the company at the port, both seem unable to resolve the issue.....frustrated!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Interesting, for some reason Volvo cannot seem to get my T8 through customs clearance. It has been at the port in MD since 1 Jan. There were other T8s on the same boat, that were released within 2-3 days of arrival. I have spoken with both my sales rep and the company at the port, both seem unable to resolve the issue.....frustrated!!
Strange - any chance you had ordered some options that are installed at port? FWIW - the EPA and California certifications have been published - so it is probably not related to that ...

·
Registered
478 Posts
I only looked at the first couple of ones listed, but they seem to not have a lot of packages / options added, and they are priced considerably higher than the Volvo configurator for their configuration. Sounds like some dealers are banking on the scarcity to make some added profit.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Is this some kind of order baiting strategy or real? I see some cars with photos:

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...481&rd=99999&zc=45750&searchSource=TRAIL_HEAD

But wait, they have crystal shifters and T8 badges too:

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/657417431/overview/
Those lists are bogus.

I cannot check East Coast or Southern VINs but I checked at least 10 West Coast cars and they have all been sold and delivered in our systems. Cars.com has not updated their database, which does not surprise me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Strange - any chance you had ordered some options that are installed at port? FWIW - the EPA and California certifications have been published - so it is probably not related to that ...
No port installed options. The lady at the port thinks it is a glitch in the customs database or website????? I will call again on tuesday, doesn't seem like this is an issue that should take weeks to fix.

·
Registered
344 Posts
cars.com and similar sites have this dealer software feature of placing vehicles already sold or in transit for sale/available. Super annoying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts