SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I uploaded my excel template for my 07 to share with everyone. It doesn't have everything (4c was replaced, coils, etc. prior to purchase, and DEM/CCM are not of concern to me) but it is a good template for a by-interval savings. Its something I budget off of each year for each car.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EuzZh7twMRkPbZceapM3Vn7GyOKnxscTsSwqcywKeus/edit?usp=sharing

I'll incorporate comments as I see valid, but its mine and will not apply to everyone, so... GO.

Couple generic comments that apply:
* I know oil changes should happen more frequently. I have a high budget in there to accomodate more than one per recommended service interval.
* I know carwashes are not every 5000 miles. Again, budget for $40 in supplies can get a LOT of carwashes.

etc.etc.etc.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I like how you have the cells linked with formulas so updates and changes are easy and self updating. It allows users to enter their own intervals and cost estimates, and the calculations blow through.

Did you review the maintenance matrix in the owner's manual?

My wife laughs at some of the spreadsheets I develop - but, hey, that's what I do....

And I cannot remember the last time I averaged 10,000 miles per year on any of my daily drivers. Maybe in high school when I lived 2 miles from school and 1/2 mile from work???

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's a great sheet you've created. Not to start anything, but with a good synthetic oil, 7500 miles is perfectly fine for an oil change interval on a street-driven car.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like how you have the cells linked with formulas so updates and changes are easy and self updating. It allows users to enter their own intervals and cost estimates, and the calculations blow through.

Did you review the maintenance matrix in the owner's manual?

My wife laughs at some of the spreadsheets I develop - but, hey, that's what I do....

And I cannot remember the last time I averaged 10,000 miles per year on any of my daily drivers. Maybe in high school when I lived 2 miles from school and 1/2 mile from work???
Thanks, yes this is DIRECTLY from the 07 S60/S60R manual for servicing intervals up through 200k. I drive about 7 miles to work otherwise I take the XC. We don't get out that much except lake/road trips which always seems to go the XC's way for storage room.

That's a great sheet you've created. Not to start anything, but with a good synthetic oil, 7500 miles is perfectly fine for an oil change interval on a street-driven car.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ;)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Awesome! Definitely will be utilizing this spreadsheet.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Thanks, yes this is DIRECTLY from the 07 S60/S60R manual for servicing intervals up through 200k. I drive about 7 miles to work otherwise I take the XC. We don't get out that much except lake/road trips which always seems to go the XC's way for storage room.

So what you're saying is you want a Passion Red V70 R? :p

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what you're saying is you want a Passion Red V70 R? :p
Actually I'm not going to lie, I DID want one. Then I got to REALLY looking at that rear end and I definitely prefer mine. Just personal preference.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Because you know it's all about that ace,
'Bout that ace, no wagon
It's all 'bout that ace, 'bout that ace, no wagon
It's all 'bout that ace, 'bout that ace, no wagon
It's all 'bout that ace, 'bout that ace

:D

OK, thread jacking over… I really that spreadsheet can and will help people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts