SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
100K maintenance recommendations please

Hi, I just got my new rotors, pads, and SS lines for my 04 XC70. I am going to have them installed by a local mechanic that I know. Are there any other maintenance items that would be good to do (the car has 103K on it) while he has the car? Wheel bearings or some of that type of stuff? ALL fluids have already been changed. Thanks, Dan.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 100K maintenance recommendations please (CoconutPete)

That's been done too. Any other suggestions??

·
Registered
915 Posts
If all fluids have been done, and the belt you should be good.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Actually just thought maybe a good time to clean PCV system. I gotta do the wifes its got 135 k miles on it now. Still doesn't use any oil though. Thought of getting the IPD kit, but think I will pull the fittung out and see how it looks first.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: (Soulman)

Just did my PCV-replaced breather box and all lines. 105000 mi. on car. Also Timing belt, serp belt, cleaned throttle body, new Radiator, New Waterpump.<p>Hopefully good for another 100k

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: 100K maintenance recommendations please (Soulman)

Check the vacuum lines, as they might be getting close to replacement time. Swapping them out for new lines (OEM or silicone) is a pretty easy job (though one of the three lines from the TCV is tricky to get at on the turbo end). <p>At least inspect the tranny and upper engine mounts as well; they're probably ready to give up the ghost.<p>Are your end links good and quiet? That's another item that I'd expect to give out early.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: 100K maintenance recommendations please (VTT5)

What's an "end link"? My 2001 V70 2.4t is starting to rattle (low pitched thunk) in the back end at lower speeds over rough pavement, someone told me it's 'rear shock mounts'. <p>Are these expensive? What is the risk/downside if I don't repair this (besides the rattle noise)?<br>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts