SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Anyone know which pin does what on the power socket of the Volvo 10 disc changer? (9488926-1)
There's a blue socket with 5 pins in a straight line.
The pre-wired lead (which I assume is for the CD changer has 4 pins (2 over 2).

There's also the 8 pin DIN socket - but that seems to match the pre-wire, so I assume OK.

Car is 2002 V40 T4 (UK spec)

Any help gratefully received!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 10 disc changer connections? (mrg_Ed)

Hi, and thanks for your incredibly quick response!

You don't happen to know what the other three pins are for, do you?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re: 10 disc changer connections? (crashtestdummy)

Quote, originally posted by crashtestdummy »
You don't happen to know what the other three pins are for, do you?

I do, actually, they're not connected.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts

Anyone looking for a 10 disk changer, let me know I have one that I no longer use.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: 10 disc changer connections? (Our R)

And I will have one too when mrg_ed's adapter is ready.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Can the 10 disc be plugged into any HU-805? Ive got a 2004 s60r, and am thinking of picking up a 10 disc changer for it.... any tricks? i assume it will need a software download form dealer to recognize?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Re: (rgrove)

If you have the NAV, no software download needed. Just plug and play.
I have an adapter cable with mine that allows for Aux-In. I had my iPod connected.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I do not have he nav system. Will it still work with sofware from the dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Nobody believed you including the local ICE installer and my dealer (initially) - but you are right!

I initially made the mistake of usng a switched live, as it seemed wrong to have the changer permanently connected, but that resulted in starting Disk1 Track1 every time I started the car. Got it right now though.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts

Quote, originally posted by rgrove »
I do not have he nav system. Will it still work with sofware from the dealer?

I'm not sure if it would need a software download but it definitly would need a longer cable to go from the HU to the trunk.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
So are these cars (2004 s60r) not wired from the factory for a 10 disc? There is a cable end in the trunk wrapped in faom that looks like the connector above. Is it a matter of plugging that in and connecting power, or something else?

·
Registered
5,849 Posts

I have not had the opportunity to try my 10 disk changer on a pre wired car without Nav.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
BUMP?
So in the trunk there is the DIN pin connector that I assume plugs into the side of the changer (it fits, anyway) and it is bundled with another connector (looks like 8-pin?) that is grey. So the first question is is this the right cable to connect to the HU, or would this grouping have been for a nav system if installed (this car is non-nav)? The reason I ask is that it is bundled with the grey connector.
Also, I can not find a power plug in the back. The CD changer came with a power cord (blue plug, one wire for ground, the other for hot) and the mounting brackets. Do I just need to connect power with this harness? If so, where do I tap in for the hot? This whole thing seems like it can be really simple or really complex - so can somebody please help? Every post i found when i searched seemed to get to about this point, but no further - i.e. nobody has come forth to say "connect the hot wire to X" and "yes, that is the correct cable for the signal in the trunk" Somebody out there HAS to know! PLEASE HELP! And yes, the dealer says that this will need a software update ~ $30. However, they want $240 to do the whole install, so Im trying to find some clear, helpful advice/directions here.
FWIW, I got the changer on ebay for $50 for anyone else looking - buy it now price was $400, but the seller didnt set a reserve price, and nobody else bid. It just came out of an 06 S60, so it should work fine.....
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts

If you still have the changer and are happy to ship to UK, let me know a price and we can discuss.
Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

If you refer to the start of this string, you will see my original query and Mrg_Ed's kind, prompt and accurate answer, complete with photos showing the two pin power connection.

My changer now works with the HU605 radio, using the prewired DIN signal cable and power adapted from the pre-wired lead (because the pre-wire plug was different from the socket on the changer).

Easy! Despite what the dealer will tell you.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts

if you still have it i am interested. will you ship it to EU? i have V70 '02 with HU 403 do you know if it fits? what is the price ?

another option is to ship it to my friend in Napa.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

BUMP?
So in the trunk there is the DIN pin connector that I assume plugs into the side of the changer (it fits, anyway) and it is bundled with another connector (looks like 8-pin?) that is grey. So the first question is is this the right cable to connect to the HU, or would this grouping have been for a nav system if installed (this car is non-nav)? The reason I ask is that it is bundled with the grey connector.
Yes - this is the correct connector.

Also, I can not find a power plug in the back. The CD changer came with a power cord (blue plug, one wire for ground, the other for hot) and the mounting brackets. Do I just need to connect power with this harness? If so, where do I tap in for the hot?
Tap power right off the fuse block behind the access panel in the trunk on the left side. Grounding point is there too.

And yes, the dealer says that this will need a software update ~ $30. However, they want $240 to do the whole install, so Im trying to find some clear, helpful advice/directions here.
FWIW, I got the changer on ebay for $50 for anyone else looking - buy it now price was $400, but the seller didnt set a reserve price, and nobody else bid. It just came out of an 06 S60, so it should work fine.....
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
I don't believe that a S/W update will be necessary but you will know as soon as you complete the install.

Be sure to disconnect the battery before you begin & reconnect when done.
Good luck. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Hello again

I've suddenly become aware that I don't have any brake lights!

The 15A fuse keeps blowing, and I've discovered that if I disconnect the CD changer power lead, the problem goes away. The changer continues to work fine even when the brake light fuse blows!

I really can't believe that the lights haven't worked since I originally connected the CD, but I suppose it is possible.

Any idea what the problem might be?

At the moment I'm without the multichanger, but at least people know when I'm slowing down!!

Many thanks in anticipation of any hints, and a Happy New Year too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts