1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I'm getting:

2016 XC90
Inscription - Amber Interior
All Packages (Premium Sound, Climate, Vision, Convenience, HUD, Air Suspension)

Here is what's still up in the air:

Ice White vs. Crystal White Metallic
20" 10 Spoke Rims vs. 21" 8 Spoke Rims
Blonde Headliner vs. Black Headliner

Leaning toward Crystal White and Blonde Headliner
No idea on the rims. Going to look at them in person... (along with the other two decisions)
any considerations I should think about?

Going to get $1300 off of MSRP due to insurance company (USAA).
Does anyone know how the Loyalty Program works?
If i have a twin brother who has a SAAB, would I get a Loyalty Discount (immediate family)?
or do we have to live in the same house?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

2016 XC90

Leaning toward Crystal White and Blonde Headliner
No idea on the rims. Going to look at them in person... (along with the other two decisions)
any considerations I should think about
It is all subjective but I would choose the black headliner if your interior choice is Amber. It just looks better (in my opinion).

Both wheels look nice. The 20" will provide more contrast, with the exterior, if that is what you are looking for.

Does anyone know how the Loyalty Program works?
If i have a twin brother who has a SAAB, would I get a Loyalty Discount (immediate family)?
or do we have to live in the same house?
Immediate family is a spouse, not a brother/sister ;)

If you and your brother co-owned the "other Swedish" car, then you could get away with it.

·
Registered
673 Posts

I was originally torn between the two different whites. I ended up going with the Crystal White Metallic because the dealer already had one in that color coming in with the options I wanted. So the decision was basically made for me, but I couldn't be happier. The car looks absolutely stunning!

·
Registered
101 Posts

2016 XC90

Here's a thread on the Black Headliner with Amber Interior. I think the black headliner looks really nice with the Amber interior. This helped my make my decision to go with the black headliner.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?236857-Amber-Interior-with-Charcoal-Black-Headliner

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 20" wheels will ride better - more comfortable, and be quieter. But, the 21s look a little sportier.

But, you probably knew all that!

I have the 21s but am getting 20s for sow tires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered! got $1600 off of MSRP through TrueCar and my Insurance Provider.
I don't get those who say there are no discounts available... maybe there used to not be.
but no one should be paying MSRP now...

i ended up getting:
1. crystal white metallic (deeper white color)
2. blonde headliner (looked less dark/claustrophobic)
3. 21" rims (looked better to me)

·
Registered
673 Posts
I ordered! got $1600 off of MSRP through TrueCar and my Insurance Provider. I don't get those who say there are no discounts available... maybe there used to not be.
The situation has recently changed. Just a month ago, it seemed like no dealers had any stock whatsoever. This is no longer the case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
$ of MSRP w/ TrueCar or USAA

I don't get those who say there are no discounts available... maybe there used to not be.

i ended up getting:
I'm just getting ready to order my xc90 and will be doing OSD; I use USAA but was wondering how you were able to get the discount off of your order?

·
Registered
16 Posts

i ended up getting:

May I ask when you placed the order and what the ETA would be?

I placed an order back in August and it's finally here (has left the port couple days ago, not yet at the dealer). We are paying full MSRP, which was the case with most ppl on this thread. Now I see more cars in stock at the dealers and they're offering $1000 off on certain XC90's. Maybe now it's gotten easier to get some discounts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm just getting ready to order my xc90 and will be doing OSD; I use USAA but was wondering how you were able to get the discount off of your order?
vrsteffen, are you active duty? If so, have you considered ordering through military sales? I never knew it existed until I was watched an Alex on Autos you tube video and he discussed overseas delivery options. If you are active duty, I highly recommend you check it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm military.
but i'm not aware of any way to order overseas unless you are deployed.

i got the discount through USAA and True Car.
True Car provided a $1300 discount. USAA provided a $100 discount. And I haggled for another $200.
just do a google search for True Car. I also got two dealerships competing for my business.
but i honestly did not have to do much. i'm not a big fan of haggling.

i ordered mine saturday, 8 november.
i have no idea when mine will be ready.
but they think January. Maybe February at the latest.
but i have nothing official yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My dealer has 26 on their internet inventory. I think either the demand isn't as great or Volvo is just building them faster. Either way, its good for potential buyers, like myself, as we can negotiate the price now!

·
Registered
673 Posts
I was also torn between the 2 whites, but chose Crystal White Metallic. I do not regret it. The color is beautiful.
Some cars are offered in a metallic white that can look pinkish under certain lighting conditions. This is not the case with the Crystal White Metallic. It's a pure bright white that just happens to have a nice sparkle to it. When you put the two side by side, the Ice White looks kind of drab next to it. IMHO, it's definitely worth the $560 upgrade.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My dealer has 26 on their internet inventory. I think either the demand isn't as great or Volvo is just building them faster. Either way, its good for potential buyers, like myself, as we can negotiate the price now!
26 is a huge inventory. I guess it depends on where you are located. The San Francisco Bay Area dealerships usually have a couple in stock, but they all are Momentum specs. The Inscriptions are very difficult to find on the lot and if they are available, usually they are one that was factory ordered and the buyer backed out. They don't stay on the lot long, maybe a day or two.

It worked out well for me as I picked up a order that was placed but the initial buyer didn't come through.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Some cars are offered in a metallic white that can look pinkish under certain lighting conditions. This is not the case with the Crystal White Metallic. It's a pure bright white that just happens to have a nice sparkle to it. When you put the two side by side, the Ice White looks kind of drab next to it. IMHO, it's definitely worth the $560 upgrade.
+1. My preference is normally not white, but as this was the only one available I snagged it. With the amber interior, the car looks really clean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Blonde makes the interior less claustrophobic, thus the space seems much larger.

Get the lighted running boards... Coolest thing ever. After seeing mine, my dealer is suggesting everyone order them.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Get the lighted running boards... Coolest thing ever. After seeing mine, my dealer is suggesting everyone order them.
Curious to see how that looks, pics?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts