SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not posted much lately, new job requires mucho focus.
What I observe as I look in occasionally on this site is whining and enabling.
Owners such as myself have little reason to post. After a dozen years of Audi's (read image = PITA) I traded my allroad for my R-Design S60. I have never regretted that. The R-Design gets my adrenaline flowing twice a day. It is the ultimate sleeper. I have been to the dealer three times....IIRC....for oil changes. In any case........ never for a fault. My Volvo drives like a track car while maintaining the profile of a safe car (it is that too).
My Volvo sometimes scares me...it is sooo damn fast...all tires squealing at 20MPH while I go WOT.
I have nothing but praise for my S60 after 19 months of ownership. Quiet, reliable, fast, Hhhmmm....Thanks Volvo for affordable fun.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Have not posted much lately, new job requires mucho focus.
What I observe as I look in occasionally on this site is whining and enabling.
Owners such as myself have little reason to post. After a dozen years of Audi's (read image = PITA) I traded my allroad for my R-Design S60. I have never regretted that. The R-Design gets my adrenaline flowing twice a day. It is the ultimate sleeper. I have been to the dealer three times....IIRC....for oil changes. In any case........ never for a fault. My Volvo drives like a track car while maintaining the profile of a safe car (it is that too).
My Volvo sometimes scares me...it is sooo damn fast...all tires squealing at 20MPH while I go WOT.
I have nothing but praise for my S60 after 19 months of ownership. Quiet, reliable, fast, Hhhmmm....Thanks Volvo for affordable fun.
Im confused, is this a 1.5 Year report on your car or the forum?

Im glad you like your R-Design, but I think you should keep your opinions on others posts and comments to yourself. There is nothing like having a problem and not getting the attention needed to get it resolved.

P.S. - You do realize you are whining about others posts / actions in here, kind of hypocritical ...

Just sayin..

B

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am new to the site and I must say that everybody has been respectful and helpful to me. Like life, there are all types however that should not reflect on the whole.
By the way, sweet car. I am in the process of purchasing an R Design myself.

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
I thought OP was considering selling at one point - must have reconsidered. I know it would be hard to part with mine at this point - maybe a used Polestar at some point though I am a very conservative driver and never go anywhere near the potential of the RD.

I agree, they are great cars and my takeaway from the general theme of posts are folks looking for solutions to problems they are having - no different than any other car forum. Swedespeed is a great resource for this information.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Glad your car is treating you well.

I love my V60 RD. I'm having a hard time finding something I want to replace it with other than maybe a larger-but-same-weight V90 RD. :)

As for the forums, that's how all forums are in my experience.

On another Volvo site I frequent, we have two threads:

List Something Awesome That Happened To You Today with 6,600 posts
List Something That Pissed You Off Today with 16,000 posts

Welcome to the internet. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Im confused, is this a 1.5 Year report on your car or the forum?

Im glad you like your R-Design, but I think you should keep your opinions on others posts and comments to yourself. There is nothing like having a problem and not getting the attention needed to get it resolved.

P.S. - You do realize you are whining about others posts / actions in here, kind of hypocritical ...

Just sayin..

Your confusion remedied would mean the difference is?

The internet is available to real people and not so real people. If someone cares to impugn a trusted entity in my world I would like to see some small piece evidence to support the claim. It is a very simple task to take a picture of a receipt from a dealer or shop displaying a persons complaint and the consequent remedy and post it. There are people on the internet who feel they have been done wrong by many situations in life. They enjoy the negative attention a post may bring to the perceived cause of their injustice. Some are real some are not. I tend to be skeptical.

Hypocritical? That implies any doubt of a complaint of failure to perform as designed without all the facts presented is......hypocritical?

I sure am enjoying my 2013S60...rode hard everyday...and happy.

Did I mention my Nokian WRG3 still look like new after 15K?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I agree, they are great cars and my takeaway from the general theme of posts are folks looking for solutions to problems they are having - no different than any other car forum. Swedespeed is a great resource for this information.
Swedespeed will cease to be a great resource if posters continue to reply to questions with replies like "Never happened to me. My Volvo is solid as a rock." or "Whiner!" or "Purely anecdotal."

·
Registered
329 Posts
The internet is available to real people and not so real people. If someone cares to impugn a trusted entity in my world I would like to see some small piece evidence to support the claim. It is a very simple task to take a picture of a receipt from a dealer or shop displaying a persons complaint and the consequent remedy and post it. There are people on the internet who feel they have been done wrong by many situations in life. They enjoy the negative attention a post may bring to the perceived cause of their injustice. Some are real some are not. I tend to be skeptical.

Hypocritical? That implies any doubt of a complaint of failure to perform as designed without all the facts presented is......hypocritical?
I think you may have missed the point here. I believe "hypocritical" was referring to the OP (you) criticizing other posters' negativity/complaining while yourself being negative and complaining.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Swedespeed will cease to be a great resource if posters continue to reply to questions with replies like "Never happened to me. My Volvo is solid as a rock." or "Whiner!" or "Purely anecdotal."
I disagree. Any accurate/truthful data is real data. I would love to see everyone chime in with any of those responses because more data means more accuracy. If only one or two people have a problem but many others don't, that's a data point.

Conversely, if most people are having the same problem, this hints at production/design problems.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I disagree. Any accurate/truthful data is real data. I would love to see everyone chime in with any of those responses because more data means more accuracy. If only one or two people have a problem but many others don't, that's a data point.

Conversely, if most people are having the same problem, this hints at production/design problems.
Forum participants should not be discouraged from posting complaints. If additional information is needed to have a greater understanding of the problem or to offer advice, then that's fine. But comments like, "Whiner!" are unwarranted.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Where have you seen a post that said "Whiner!"?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts