SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1:43 Models

So I decided to be a bit of a nerd. I had picked up a 1/43 model of the V90 at the delivery center. Towards the end of our trip we visited the Volvo Museum. Great place full of great cars and such.

I’ve always been a fan of the P1800 but have a soft spot for the P1800ES. While walking around it I couldn’t help but notice a striking resemblance of the front grill to my new V90. I even told my wife to remember the grill for when we got back to the car.

Not long after we came across the wagon concept from 2014. I was aware of the sedan but did not know about the other 2 made. The placard next to it referenced the P1800ES and the fact they are both sport brake designs. It was a total duh moment for me.

So back at the hotel that night I tracked down a P1800ES model. With a little more research I discovered Volvo made a concept model at release. I believe the only made 1,000. Search on eBay yielded me one from Germany.

Both just recently arrived so I thought I’d share in my nerdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
I purchased the V90CC model when I got my car at the factory delivery center. A tip, do not place the models in a window or in the sun, the display case and the windows have gone hazy.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought my Maple Brown V90 CC model from Norev, myself. (Well, from a reseller.)

I think I still want that concept.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I'm pretty sure those would be 1:43 scale, not 1:40.. Sorry, bigger nerd here.:p Those are nice looking models for sure!

I did get this XC Coupe 1:43 for my wife - the closest I could find to her V90 Ocean Race:

Now if I could only find my V90 RD in my favorite 1:18 scale.. ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure those would be 1:43 scale, not 1:40.. Sorry, bigger nerd here.:p Those are nice looking models for sure!
You're right. Apparently I had lapse in brain function. hahaha

If you find a Savile Grey RD V90 model buy two because I want one!!!

·
Registered
926 Posts

I did get this XC Coupe 1:43 for my wife - the closest I could find to her V90 Ocean Race:

Where did you find that XC Coupe model?!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts