SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl!
Does anyone know what an S60R have time for the 1/4 miles!? original or tuned!?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was able to muster a 13.8 @ 103 w/ a horrible '60 2.2x, with the mods in my sig. I would like to think my car is capable of a better ET, I'm happy with the trap speed. There could have been many factors that resulted in a "disappointing" ET. A) my inexperience that was my first time ever taking anything down the quarter let alone an R. B ) obviously the 60' killed my ET. C) I had DSCT completely disengaged and definitely "chirped" my tires a good amount off the line (boost/torque braking to start out, didn't see thhe exact RPMs that I launched at as I was more focused on the tree). D) my airbox cover was/is open so potentially losing a tenth of a second there.

As for stock, with me driving, I would say 14.2-14.4 @ under 100 is reasonable.

Regardless of whether or not the R is made for the quartermile, on paper a 3600 lbs car with 330-350 Hp (crank) should be capable of producing mid 13 sec quarters with its eyes closed.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Lot's of threads on this. I recently ran a best 13.72 @ 103.9 corrected to 13.45 at 106, but if you want a time slip click on my sig link where I ran a 13.761 @102.73 uncorrected for elevation, but it works out to be a 13.5 at 104.6 if I had been running at or about sea level (>1000') The cars are quick but Volvo really wasn't at the track working Rs to be 1/4 stars. Once my car is built I plan on running to solid runs to get to the 12s, after that I don't anticipate beating my car at the 1/4 mile track but more or less will pursue road and autocross courses.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just ran 14.7 with a Catless downpipe and some other little things. Slow time should of been much faster but no tune and no launch. I'm going back down Tuesday hopefully I get more then one run in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to muster a 13.8 @ 103 w/ a horrible '60 2.2x, with the mods in my sig. I would like to think my car is capable of a better ET, I'm happy with the trap speed. There could have been many factors that resulted in a "disappointing" ET. A) my inexperience that was my first time ever taking anything down the quarter let alone an R. B ) obviously the 60' killed my ET. C) I had DSCT completely disengaged and definitely "chirped" my tires a good amount off the line (boost/torque braking to start out, didn't see thhe exact RPMs that I launched at as I was more focused on the tree). D) my airbox cover was/is open so potentially losing a tenth of a second there.

As for stock, with me driving, I would say 14.2-14.4 @ under 100 is reasonable.

Regardless of whether or not the R is made for the quartermile, on paper a 3600 lbs car with 330-350 Hp (crank) should be capable of producing mid 13 sec quarters with its eyes closed.
Tnx!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lot's of threads on this. I recently ran a best 13.72 @ 103.9 corrected to 13.45 at 106, but if you want a time slip click on my sig link where I ran a 13.761 @102.73 uncorrected for elevation, but it works out to be a 13.5 at 104.6 if I had been running at or about sea level (>1000') The cars are quick but Volvo really wasn't at the track working Rs to be 1/4 stars. Once my car is built I plan on running to solid runs to get to the 12s, after that I don't anticipate beating my car at the 1/4 mile track but more or less will pursue road and autocross courses.
Tnx dude!
Great car u have btw!:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ran 14.7 with a Catless downpipe and some other little things. Slow time should of been much faster but no tune and no launch. I'm going back down Tuesday hopefully I get more then one run in.
Tnx sweo!
Are u from Sweden!?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Comes down to gearing and most of the SR guys run 18" wheels ... throw on 16's and disable the haldex making it rwd and find a way to put better gearing in the rear then the numbers will look a lot better. Yeah I know a lot of BS for slightly better numbers but from similar sized cars w/ same power you're right they should be running faster ET's.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Comes down to gearing and most of the SR guys run 18" wheels ... throw on 16's and disable the haldex making it rwd and find a way to put better gearing in the rear then the numbers will look a lot better. Yeah I know a lot of BS for slightly better numbers but from similar sized cars w/ same power you're right they should be running faster ET's.
The way that is worded makes it sound like disabling the haldex makes the car RWD. That's just plain silly.

·
Registered
416 Posts
What I meant was disable it completely and convert to RWD... sorry I seem to think faster than my hands typing and what I think and actually put down comes out more confusing to people, therefore I should begin to proofread a bit more.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
What I meant was disable it completely and convert to RWD... sorry I seem to think faster than my hands typing and what I think and actually put down comes out more confusing to people, therefore I should begin to proofread a bit more.
That's what I thought you meant, just making sure. I'm still waiting for someone to mid mount an engine :p

·
Registered
416 Posts
OR longitudinally mount one which could free up lots of room for a large turbo and less firewall beating to get/hope it fits. It'd make the fabrication of the DP easier, and shorten the sh!t out of the IC piping.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I really feel like lightweight wheels and slippery tires would make a huge improvement in 1/4 mile times. Maybe some 18-20lb wheels and performance all seasons to allow a little slippage. That combined with a lightweight flywheel, lightweight pulley, and possibly 2 piece rotors would make for a pretty good drag car, even if it had just the stock 300hp. I can picture low 13's with all this stuff mentioned and the stock power output.

·
Registered
416 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts