SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the process of purchasing a 2008 Volvo C30 T5.. now the man told me it's a 2.0 but it's a 2008? I thought the 1.0 and 2.0 were 07 c30 models? What does the 2.0 include? Is it an R Design?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
So I'm in the process of purchasing a 2008 Volvo C30 T5.. now the man told me it's a 2.0 but it's a 2008? I thought the 1.0 and 2.0 were 07 c30 models? What does the 2.0 include? Is it an R Design?
You are correct. There were no version 1.0 or version 2.0 for MY08 C30s.

Version 2.0 was the turbocharged version (T5) while version 1.0 was the non-turbo (2.4i).

·
Super Moderator
15,200 Posts
You are correct. There were no version 1.0 or version 2.0 for MY08 C30s.

Version 2.0 was the turbocharged version (T5) while version 1.0 was the non-turbo (2.4i).
I'm sorry, but that's wrong... Come on Grecian! You know your Volvos better than this!

The V1.0 and V2.0 C30s were from 2007-2010 (the classic C30s, prior to the facelift in 2011). In late 2008-2010, the V2.0 became known as the R-design.

In the US, all C30s were T5, in Canada, you also got the 2.4i.

V1 and V2 are not engine related, they are trim related. There are V1 and V2 variants for every engine that Volvo put into these cars.

The V1.0 has the black textured trim, almost always had t-tech seats, plastic console and door handles, and was basically a stripped down version to be a bit cheaper. 16" and 17" wheels were standard in the US.
The V2.0 (later known as R-design) came with 17" and 18" wheels and had the sportier trim kit (lower side skirts, lip, rear skirt, and roof spoiler) which was either Java brown (only on the cosmic white C30s) or color matched to the body. They also have a slightly firmer steering rack and more often came with dynaudio, aluminum interior trim, xenon lights, fog lights, etc. The R-designs all have the leather interior, blue backed gauges, silver mirror caps, R-design badges, sport steering wheel, and R-design aluminum trim.

This is a 2008 r-design:

This is a 2008 V2.0 like mine:

This is a 2008 V1.0:

While R-design was mostly a cosmetic badge for the P1 cars, they often had Volvo's dynamic suspension (slightly lower springs and stiffer shocks/struts) and as I said... the slightly firmer steering rack. To someone new to P1s, these differences aren't really noticeable. But coming from your S40, you may notice the difference in how they drive. I personally held out until I found a V2.0/R-design. Partially because I would end up adding all of the body trim pieces anyway, but also to have the slight advantage with the steering feel.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now the V2.0 doesn't come with the R Design styling correct? Gauges/trim etc? I know the body kit is on it and the 2 tone T-Tec (Not leather..)

·
Super Moderator
15,200 Posts
Now the V2.0 doesn't come with the R Design styling correct? Gauges/trim etc? I know the body kit is on it and the 2 tone T-Tec (Not leather..)
The V2.0 has exterior R-design styling (Except for the R-design badges).
But it has the traditional grey gauges, it has the brushed aluminum trim (not R-design aluminum), mine has the 2 tone cloth seats, and most likely the basic steering wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts