SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is at 1.8k miles now, which was at 200 miles when bought from the dealer in late April.

1. Cumulative gas mileage via the OBC increased from 17.5 mpg to 19.4 mpg. Hope it'll improve further. Non-brand 91 octanes are used. Same style of driving on my previous '95 855 Turbo gets 23 mpg but it's lighter and slower compared to the XC70T6.

2. No major rattles and creaks observed so far. But when the front windows are rolled half way down, they rattle. I'll have that fixed at my first scheduled maintenance.

3. SRS warning messages fixed by dealer: they were caused by improper routing of wires underneath rear seats, i.e., they were exposed to pressure from the seats.

Over all, a fast and comfortable ride.

Modified by wmz505 at 10:00 PM 6-7-2009

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: '09 XC70 T6 Report at 1.8k Miles (wmz505)

Quote, originally posted by wmz505 »
3. SRS warning messages fixed by dealer: they were caused by improper routing of wires underneath rear seats, i.e., they were exposed to pressure from the seats.

Can you please expand on what that problem is?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: '09 XC70 T6 Report at 1.8k Miles (Lotus99)

Quote, originally posted by Lotus99 »

Can you please expand on what that problem is?

This is the SRS (airbag) Service Urgent I had on the screen, http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=118817

BTW, my '95 855T had 21 mpg when it was brand new and 23 mpg at 120k miles. So it's possible for this car to reach and stablize at >20 mpg for me, considering the car was using 87 octanes at the dealer and demoing under heavier accelaration.

Another observation: the speedometer seems to be calibrated with the 17" wheel. So 40 mph on the speedometer is 41 mph read out by GPS.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: '09 XC70 T6 Report at 1.8k Miles (wmz505)

Quote, originally posted by wmz505 »

This is the SRS (airbag) Service Urgent I had on the screen, http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=118817

Another observation: the speedometer seems to be calibrated with the 17" wheel. So 40 mph on the speedometer is 41 mph read out by GPS.

Thanks for explaining. I think I've recently seen the passenger airbag off light on, but I might have had a bag on the seat, and I think there's a sensor that thinks it might be a child under a certain weight, and turns off the airbag for safety. I'll check it out next time I drive the car.

The speedometer difference is not due to the wheel size difference. The diameter of the OEM 17 and 18 wheel/tire combinations is pretty much identical, as that is what they try to achieve at the factory. In fact the OEM 16`s should also read the same. That's why the bigger wheels have lower profile tires, so the overall diameter stays the same within various wheel/tire combinations.

The three OEM sizes are: 215/65/16 235/55/17 235/50/18

If you go to the tire calculator here http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp and type in all 3, you`ll see that the 18`s are 0.3% slower (0.003 times the speed) than the 17`s. At 40 MPH, that would be 0.1 MPH difference. The 16`s would be 0.6% faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts