SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ran across an o8 s60 in my local yard, what parts besides the PS resevoir, (already on my car :D) anyhting else worth grabbing?

mines just a plain jane 2004 V70 2.5T. i know none of the electronics will (canbus Right?) maybe the Homelink visor? let me know if you guys have any thoughts or experiance upgrading older p2's with 'facelift' parts

matt

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Center console for sure if it’s in good shape. Also take a look st the brakes to see if fronts are 305’s. You may want to grab the brackets if you have 286’s.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
Alarm siren module
Center console

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Maybe the headlights. Steering wheel if it's more sporty than your current one and in good condition, and the airbag with it as well. Plus what the other 2 gentlemen above mentioned.

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
Ooh, vvt solenoids!

Post some pics it’ll help us give you a harvest list

·
Registered
144 Posts
Definitely the VVT solenoids!! The units offered on the aftermarket are not safe to use. I recently purchased a Pro Parts Sweden unit to install on my 02 s60 base intake side.
After the test drive i checked under the hood for post drive inspection and to my surprise the whole top of the engine was covered with expensive Castrol Edge.
Thinking I installed with faulty gasket or something it was to my horror to discover this particular valve came apart in 2 pcs.. It broke apart because of a poor Manufacture crimp right where the solenoid gets attached to the aluminum valve.
It was then i realized how close i came to loosing an engine because of inferior aftermarket crap from China..
I'm sure most of you already know not to use Chinese parts?,,, I'm learning but it was a Hard lesson.
cheers!
Stay curious my friends.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Definitely the VVT solenoids!! The units offered on the aftermarket are not safe to use. I recently purchased a Pro Parts Sweden unit to install on my 02 s60 base intake side.
After the test drive i checked under the hood for post drive inspection and to my surprise the whole top of the engine was covered with expensive Castrol Edge.
Thinking I installed with faulty gasket or something it was to my horror to discover this particular valve came apart in 2 pcs.. It broke apart because of a poor Manufacture crimp right where the solenoid gets attached to the aluminum valve.
It was then i realized how close i came to loosing an engine because of inferior aftermarket crap from China..
I'm sure most of you already know not to use Chinese parts?,,, I'm learning but it was a Hard lesson.
cheers!
Stay curious my friends.
Wow, thanks for sharing that one!

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
The Homelink visor will work, but is cloth from 05+. Earlier years were vinyl. Grab both sides and you'll be set.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the ideas guys! ill try to get out there tomorrow and snap some pics. which are the vvt solenoids that are compatibl;e the two but the timing belt? isnt there a third by the upper engine mount? ill measure the brakes and check the other suggestions

thanks guys
matt

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
heres the car it has the small brakes and the console is trash.

i grabbed both vvt solenoids some 305 brackets of of a t6 s80 next to it and a home link visor of and earlier v70 that matched my light oak or whatever. 43 bucks thanks for the guidance guys!

im thinking about the mirrors deleting repeters in fender with later(?) textured black piece without a light, not sure if that exists and just running the signals in mirrors not sure what years swap over.

matt

Attachments

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Great score for the price!
Might just be me, but unable to see the photos...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
If the seats are sport seats grab them, and grab the mirrors, people love upgrading to the mirror turn signals.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
If the seats are sport seats grab them, and grab the mirrors, people love upgrading to the mirror turn signals.
Aren't the seats not compatible? I've been told pre facelift won't work with post and vice versa... He has an '04 and the parts car is an '08 for reference.

·
Registered
17,312 Posts
Aren't the seats not compatible? I've been told pre facelift won't work with post and vice versa... He has an '04 and the parts car is an '08 for reference.

They’re not compatible, but other ppl with 05+ can use them.

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
Is the airbag Volvo logo still blue? Mine on the s60 fell off and would be nice to replace.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Is the airbag Volvo logo still blue? Mine on the s60 fell off and would be nice to replace.
The same guy on eBay with the rubber Swedish flag tags also sells replacement airbag logos in the original blue or also black to be unique for the iron mark logo wheels. You'll want a size 9x35mm... I ordered one myself from him as well for the R wheel I recently got.

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
Oh, OK!
The same guy on eBay with the rubber Swedish flag tags also sells replacement airbag logos in the original blue or also black to be unique for the iron mark logo wheels. You'll want a size 9x35mm... I ordered one myself from him as well for the R wheel I recently got.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts