SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2008 C30 T5 and I am having trouble discerning what oil filter housing actually fits my car.

I was originally just going to change the diaphragm on the PCV but while trying to take the cap for the diaphragm off, I broke the part of the cap that snaps in the housing itself. I’ve searched around what feels like every corner of the internet and can’t figure it out.

The part number of the one currently in my car is 6740273296 but when I search that number, I can’t find anything. FCP Euro shows a guaranteed figment with the part number showing 31338685..

So, my question is this: Can I still just order the diaphragm and hope for the best as far as the cap staying where it’s supposed to be, or do I need to actually replace the entire unit? And if I do have to replace, which part number would be correct?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Hello all,

I have a 2008 C30 T5 and I am having trouble discerning what oil filter housing actually fits my car.

I was originally just going to change the diaphragm on the PCV but while trying to take the cap for the diaphragm off, I broke the part of the cap that snaps in the housing itself. I’ve searched around what feels like every corner of the internet and can’t figure it out.

The part number of the one currently in my car is 6740273296 but when I search that number, I can’t find anything. FCP Euro shows a guaranteed figment with the part number showing 31338685..

So, my question is this: Can I still just order the diaphragm and hope for the best as far as the cap staying where it’s supposed to be, or do I need to actually replace the entire unit? And if I do have to replace, which part number would be correct?
Thanks in advance!
Just received one myself from FCP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That first number isn't a Volvo part number.

If you broke it, I'd replace it.
My bad on that. I just looked again at the part from FCP and I’m guessing I was looking at the serial number or something. But thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just received one myself from FCP.
View attachment 122021
Awesome! That makes me feel better. This is probably a stupid question, but would it be bad if I ordered an unbranded unit from eBay? I know Volvo’s computer systems like to **** when anything that isn’t OEM is installed (learned that from an unbranded MAF sensor) but for a broke college student, $200 is quite steep. I found those on eBay for around $80..

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!
Actual part in hand.....

Reactions: Emanburress24

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Awesome! That makes me feel better. This is probably a stupid question, but would it be bad if I ordered an unbranded unit from eBay? I know Volvo’s computer systems like to **** when anything that isn’t OEM is installed (learned that from an unbranded MAF sensor) but for a broke college student, $200 is quite steep. I found those on eBay for around $80..
As much as I would like to say yes, save the money, (as I was a broke college student once), I would just order the OEM unit from FCP and it is lifetime replacement, and you will more than likely end up replacing it again.

Reactions: Emanburress24

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As much as I would like to say yes, save the money, (as I was a broke college student once), I would just order the OEM unit from FCP and it is lifetime replacement, and you will more than likely end up replacing it again.
I appreciate the voice of reason! I absolutely love my C30, but I’ve already had to change almost every suspension component, some steering components, MAF, and a few other things. I guess another $200 will just be a drop in the bucket at the end of the day, and the lifetime replacement definitely helps. But again thank you for the insight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts