SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 c30 t5 2.5l, looking into cold air intakes but im having trouble finding anything that fits. Does anyone have any suggestions?? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
92 Posts
not alot of good aftermarket intakes for this car
most of them are right in front of the intake manifold and take in hot air
really though, just throw in a KN filter and the stock is pretty good and i think cooling the battery and ecu kind of helps?

here is an older video you can take alook at by mynamesandideastaken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5ic1FWhGk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven’t had any personal experience as I haven’t had my car long enough to mod it yet. But I’ve heard good things about the Injen intake for the C30. They advertise the largest horsepower gain compared to other brands (there’s a K&N intake but it’s a little pricier and not as powerful). The Injen one runs for around $300 I believe. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I agree with potato, nearly all aftermarket intakes are going to suck HOT air from under the hood.

Depends on your end goals. The easiest would be something similar to this.....using the stock snorkel. Problem is that even the carbon fiber with it great insulating properties will still heat soak fairly quickly being sandwiched between the manifold/plenum and the radiator fan sucking hot air directly onto it. I would still buy some heat shielding products heat shielding and cove as much of the intake as possible.

The second and third images are my set up with and without shielding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
great whistle noise, $63 au for a friggen piece of rubber and spring, easy job though, sharp flat head driver.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
whats the story on this one i like it.
How it actually is...
You can use either Elevate or Snabb/iPd intake pipe and cut it down, Audi A4 MAF, (re-pinnedsilicone fittings cut to length (silicone intakes.com), BMC DAI 150 oiled filter, stainless clamps for soft tubing at McMaster Carr, (1/4” strap with rolled edges to not cut into silicone and they take a lot more torque without stripping the gear), Vibrant performance velocity stack up front,(blue arrow) 7.5” overall bell and 3.5” inlet.
Deleted the horn (red arrow)

Just enough room to squeeze a 3.5” silicone 45 degree elbow above the radiator. It’s tight and you’ll need to use a dremel to clean up a little bit of space for everything to clear.

Reactions: psy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts