SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope people can reply to this message before end of today bc FCPeuro sale ends today, Sunday 6/30.

I have a 07 XC90 V8 with ~135k miles
I plan to keep this car til it dies lol
So, in my FCPeuro cart, I've got..

• TWO 30776718 Sachs struts ($201.38 each)
  • TWO 31201602 Lemfoerder Sway Bar Links ($22.11 each)
  • TWO 9140068 Febi Strut Bellows ($3.03 each)
  • TWO 30683637 Volvo Rubber Spring Seats ($42.56 each)

$336.78 so far shipped.

1) I wanted to replace the Strut Mount Plate -- 8634457 as well.. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products?utf8=%E2%9C%93&keywords=8634457
FCP sells the original Volvo part at $146.50 each and Lemfoerder at $17.76 each, while eeuroparts.com sell the febi at $55.80 each, URO at $31.94 each. Huge price difference. I don't want something that'll fail in 6 months of NJ horrible roads but don't wanna shell out $290 for both genuine Volvo parts unless it's 100% recommended to stay away from aftermarket for this part. Please advise?

2) While I'm in there, should I replace other small parts like
  • 5 - bumper above bellows
  • 7 - washer
  • 10 - cross insert screw
  • 11 - washer
  • 12 - top nut

I truly appreciate the prompt replies so I can shop before FCP sale expires end of today, Sunday 6/30!

Best,
Jun

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am going to buy replacement Strut Mount Plates also and did ask the forum who the OE maker is for the strut mount plates and the response was Sachs. I was unable to find a Sachs branded version. Here are my thoughts:
-Lemforder: Very poor reviews on FCP Euro so I crossed it off my list
-Corteco: No experience but it is the second most expensive if that says anything. FCP Euro carries this so you would get lifetime warranty.
-Febi/Bilstein: highest priced OEM. Never had issues with anything Febi-Bilstein in the past. FCP Euro does not carry this

As far as replacing the other parts, I always have but this time around I am going to get the core parts and then after disassembly I will see if anything else needs to be replaced. I am going to get Volvo Bump Stop - Genuine Volvo 31277953 because they do wear out and are an important component.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
One of the good things about FCP is the parts identified as OEM. I'm still licking my wounds after having bought hard to install parts (CA bushings) on price. I now look for OEM like Sachs or Lemforder for parts I don't want to change twice. Easy to swap pieces, like sway bar links I would take a chance on. I would definitely replace the bump stop, because it can't be pretty at that age. It sounds like you have a good products list, but others may have better detail. Any reviews on your parts? There's a good thread about struts, with comparisons, on here (somewhere), so the Sachs struts sound like the right choice. Have fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am going to buy replacement Strut Mount Plates also and did ask the forum who the OE maker is for the strut mount plates and the response was Sachs. I was unable to find a Sachs branded version. Here are my thoughts:
-Lemforder: Very poor reviews on FCP Euro so I crossed it off my list
-Corteco: No experience but it is the second most expensive if that says anything. FCP Euro carries this so you would get lifetime warranty.
-Febi/Bilstein: highest priced OEM. Never had issues with anything Febi-Bilstein in the past. FCP Euro does not carry this

As far as replacing the other parts, I always have but this time around I am going to get the core parts and then after disassembly I will see if anything else needs to be replaced. I am going to get Volvo Bump Stop - Genuine Volvo 31277953 because they do wear out and are an important component.
UPDATE: You can get the Volvo discontinued bump stop kit part # 30647076 on ebay for $31.06. Listing #123576176573

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you EVERYONE!

I just made the order in the nick of time AND applied an extra 5% off $199 coupon they emailed me earlier!

• 2 - Sachs Suspension Strut Assembly: $201.38
  • 2 - Lemfoerder Sway Bar Links: $44.22
  • 2 - Febi Strut Bellows: $6.06
  • 2 - Genuine Volvo Strut Mount Spring Seat: $85.12
  • 2 - Genuine Volvo Bump Stop: $62.24
  • 2 - Genuine Volvo Strut Mount Cap: $16.64

$415.66 Subtotal
-$20.78 Last Chance 5% coupon
$0 shipping
$0 tax
$395.88 for everything but the Strut Mount.

I got http://ebay.com/itm/122820956648 -- two Febi Strut Mounts: $116.08 after tax+10% coupon.

$511.96 for front suspension refresh!
Not bad. Thank you again to everyone who PM and replied to help me with your input!
Can't wait to do the work!
Next is serpentine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts