SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Recently acquired an '07 XC90, 145000...and I'm in love with it! It's in pretty good shape, but there are a few things that need work, and I'm looking for some advice.

First, my steering and breaking is very creaky sometimes. From my research so far, I suspect that it's a power steering fluid issue, but I can't seem to find a leak source. Any advice on where /how to find it?

I'm also getting a fuel rail pressure sensor error on my OBD. I've seen the videos on replacing it which seems easy enough... But none of the videos engines seem to match mine and I can't locate the actual sensor.

And third... I have a loose rubber hose that seems to come from the washer fluid reservoir but doesn't obviously attach anywhere. It terminates underneath the power steering and coolant reservoirs.

Thanks for whatever help y'all can give me!

Tim

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hello Tim,
Please state what engine your XC is equipped with. It will make it easier to give you advice if we know what you're running.

If you haven't already, or if the service records haven't indicated such has been done in the last 2 years, one of the first things I would do is drain / flush all fluids.

Operational:
Power Steering, Brake Fluid, Coolant, Engine Oil

Drivetrain:
Transmission, Haldex, Bevel Gear, Rear Differential (if you do not have AWD, the last three are unnecessary).

The loose hose with no connection point is a vent hose for the washer fluid tank. No worries. It's supposed to be like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey shadow

I've got the 4.4 V8. It's an AWD limited edition.

How hard are the flushes to do on my own? I've done some work on other cars and I'm handy, but I don't have all that much experience. YouTube is my friend in repairs. Mostly, I need to know if any task is something a normal handy person can manage, or if it's something I need to have done professionally.

Also, with additional research, I think my noisy braking is a caliper slide pin issue. Does anyone have experience cleaning and relubricating these who can tell me if this is something I can handle on my own?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hey shadow

I've got the 4.4 V8. It's an AWD limited edition.

How hard are the flushes to do on my own? I've done some work on other cars and I'm handy, but I don't have all that much experience. YouTube is my friend in repairs. Mostly, I need to know if any task is something a normal handy person can manage, or if it's something I need to have done professionally.

Also, with additional research, I think my noisy braking is a caliper slide pin issue. Does anyone have experience cleaning and relubricating these who can tell me if this is something I can handle on my own?

Thanks!
Flushes aren't particularly difficult but there are some necessary fill levels that need to be adhered to by overfilling, then extracting the fluid.
On Youtube there's a Swedish (?) guy who explains and films almost every geartrain fluid replacement on his XC70. The process is largely the same for the XC90.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts