SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to swap 07 mirrors on doing 04? What are some of the issues I might encounter? I know what the difference is in can bus certain parts can't be swapped are these one of them?

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
Yes. Have to wire the indicators

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought oh, I know I'm the 07 they moved the turn signals up to the mirrors instead of offenders. My biggest concern was with canbus. Physically I know they both right on.

Is there a write-up that I can follow for that?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Not sure of the compatibility with the '04 but when I did this on my '05, I swamped the pinout for the courtesy lights (puddle lights) so the turn signal would illuminate with the yellow remote button. I didn't wire the turn signal. The adjustment controls are also now reversed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
One thing interesting on an '06 XC70 I saw at the wrecking yard - it actually had the wiring and plug for the '07 mirrors tied up under the fenders! I just happened to help a buddy remove the fenders and there they were!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One thing interesting on an '06 XC70 I saw at the wrecking yard - it actually had the wiring and plug for the '07 mirrors tied up under the fenders! I just happened to help a buddy remove the fenders and there they were!
I'm just kind of playing with ideas. If I actually go through with the swap or not I'm not sure. There's a black 07 sat at the yard with perfect mirrors on it. Not sure if I really want to go that route, they're still big and blocky and I'm not sure I like turn signals being up there. I highly doubt my 04 is pre-wired for it but the easiest way seems to be to run an extension up from the fenders and in to the mirrors from the pre-existing turn signal wiring

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm just kind of playing with ideas. If I actually go through with the swap or not I'm not sure. There's a black 07 sat at the yard with perfect mirrors on it. Not sure if I really want to go that route, they're still big and blocky and I'm not sure I like turn signals being up there. I highly doubt my 04 is pre-wired for it but the easiest way seems to be to run an extension up from the fenders and in to the mirrors from the pre-existing turn signal wiring
One idea is to run the 2007 and up S40/S60/V70 mirrors which are smaller. If the fenders are good on the 2007 XC70,I'd grab them just in case you want the newer look. They were a one year only item and will be pretty hard to come by in a few years. The nice thing about the S60's and V70's is where the side light is located. You just need to replace it with the trim.

·
Registered
924 Posts
When I tried on mine, it didn’t like it. Mirror was moving every time I’d unlock the door. I did have S/V 70 mirrors.
I just swapped an 04 for an 04 XC and I’m still having ‘wandering’ mirror issues. Have to hook up VIDA and see what it says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One idea is to run the 2007 and up S40/S60/V70 mirrors which are smaller. If the fenders are good on the 2007 XC70,I'd grab them just in case you want the newer look. They were a one year only item and will be pretty hard to come by in a few years. The nice thing about the S60's and V70's is where the side light is located. You just need to replace it with the trim.
I considered sport mirrors or plain old 07 v70 mirrors...i like the look better thsn the big blocky xc70 mirrors...dunno, would hsve to see someones car who had done the swap on an xc...

When I tried on mine, it didn’t like it. Mirror was moving every time I’d unlock the door. I did have S/V 70 mirrors.
I just swapped an 04 for an 04 XC and I’m still having ‘wandering’ mirror issues. Have to hook up VIDA and see what it says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have wanderinf mirror issues now on drivers side with factory 04 xc mirrors...nothing showed in vida though before. What id like to do is find a way to make them auto angle down when i shift into reverse for parallel parking (passenger side only)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts