SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I was under my car changing my oil I noticed the hard line going into the trans was wet.. Ok I thought I'll look at that later.. well tonight I was going to pull the ATF dipstick to check the color and level and noticed the bottom of my trans is soaked now... But where's it coming from? It's dry from the dipstick tube base up... Is it the vertical plate that seems to bolt onto the front of the trans where the dipstick tube is moled into?
I've included some pics.

Also.. who's the $%*@ who designed the ATF dipstick? Ok.. so it's hidden and only accessable from under the car.. fine.. but when you go to pull it out there's a huge freeken wire bundle and rubber bushing righ in the freeken path! So.. blind, I'm trying to walk it out with 2 fingers.. and yep.. I break the da#$ thing off...
Anyone know where I can find a ATF dipstick? and HOW the hell are you expected to pull that thing out WITH THE CAR RUNNING... and check the level! is psychotic!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Well that a way to start a first post ;)

For the part you can try Volvo Parts Webstore
http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/s...=7095&ukey_driveLine=483&ukey_trimLevel=11125
Parts are not always very well organized there so what I do is try a few things to locate the diagram with the part on it so I can locate the part number than run it again...

An other place is Tasca Parts
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213668
They are the cheapest but they don't always have parts listed and if you are in a hurry you might want to call/email to make sure they have it in stock.

Welcome to SS :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the links!

I was crying to my boss today about my car and he told me one of the ladies here at work has a husband that works at a Volvo dealer.. come to find out he does something (possibly management) with the service department and she said I should call him.
Any way.. gave him a call and the sob story, he agrees with my thought it's leaking from the 0-rings in that hard line in the front there and to bring it in next Tuesday and he'll have his guys give it a look. Also said he might be able to find a dipstick for a good price :)

I'm usually a do-it-yourself guy but I really don't have time and this is my primary ride... I already broke the damn dipstick and I think it's trying to tell me to have them look at it...

FYI.. I just did the front struts and it was way easier than I was expecting! Everything came apart nice... be extra careful taking apart the strut mount bearing (thing on top the strut pivits on when you turn).. .if you plan to re-use yours watch out.. they like to pop open and you get to play find all the ball bearings. Yes.. it's best to just replace both of them when you go through the trouble of doing the sturts.. but when you forget to buy them, then you blow one apart on accident, then you find the only Volvo dealer in town that has ONE in stock.. you thank god... and the one I reused felt really smooth, quite, and felt like plenty of grease still in it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts