SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been looking at several posts regarding the anti-skid issue. It came on over the weekend and made a brief grinding noise and then the anti-skid notification popped up. Yesterday morning after a hard right turn, the grinding noise returned (briefly) and the light came back on. I have a video of the noise, if that helps. There was a bit of pooling on both rear passenger floors for a while, which makes me think it could be the yaw sensor. The grinding makes me think it might be the ABS ring. Maybe it's both.

I spoke to my mechanic who's going to take a look at it tomorrow. He said it isn't safe to drive as the system's linked to traction control and ABS. Should I be okay driving it until then, or should I suck it up and take an Uber to work (about $15 each way 😭)?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on mechanics in the Indianapolis area, I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same symptoms, grinding noise at low speeds, then ABS light, after poking around in VIDAS I replaced a wheel sensor and the problem went away. I figured it was the traction control freaking out and thinking there was wheel spin that was making the noise.
I'd say in normal conditions the car is perfectly safe, but obviously there will be no ABS so don't drive crazy in rain or snow. The only risk would be the stability of the car getting messed up during the grinding noise (since it's braking different wheels to try to correct for the perceived wheel spin) but I drove almost a year with this issue coming up intermittently and never had a problem, then I got the DICE clone as was able to find and fix the issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts