SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am going to look at an 07 manual R later today.
Quick tips on what to be concerned about?
Ways to verify that AWD is in good shape?
I know what a clutch in good shape should feel like, is there anything in particular regarding that I should be aware of?
4C tests?
Thanks In Advance.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
If you like the car, the best suggestions is to have a reputable Volvo mechanic take a look at it.......assuming you can find one that is R competent.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Good idea by MagoonR. I would add getting a CPO warranty. It protects you against defects in materials or workmanship for a wide range of vehicle components. Good luck.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Here is a list of things, check out the leather interior, heck out the door jams for paint difference to see if it has been in a accident, check all electronics push everything on Nd off to make sure they work.. Open up the hood and check the radiator level, look for oil residue buld up anywhere your eyes can see, check air filter and cabin filter, then if you can park the car on a curb so you can get underneath it and look for the same thing I stated on top of the engine, look for oil build up.. Check the angle hear, end links, tie rods and so on.. If you can get the car on a lift that would be sweet.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
I would add getting a CPO warranty.
If it was an early build 07; the 6yr CPO would be gone by now anyway. I've said it before and I'll say it again, any used car is only as good as its service history..........so obtain it if you can.

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
854 Posts
You can usually extend the factory CPO. for the 07, you should be able to extend it to 2015 or 100K miles. Good piece of mind if it has low miles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can usually extend the factory CPO. for the 07, you should be able to extend it to 2015 or 100K miles. Good piece of mind if it has low miles.
Depends on how long you want to extend it for. A one year extension with $0 deductible will run you north of $1,600, and a two year extension will run you north of $2,200. You can save a little by going with a $100 deductible, but if you have to go to the shop more than 2 or 3 times it'll end up costing you more in the long run. As I recommend to most of my customers, usually you would be better off with a quality third party extended warranty than extending the CPO past 6/100 , you will usually get longer coverage for the same money.

Do you have a VIN? I can run the Carfax and check the Galves/MMR for you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good idea by MagoonR. I would add getting a CPO warranty. It protects you against defects in materials or workmanship for a wide range of vehicle components. Good luck.
This. :thumbup: My extended has already saved me once already, and my car has just under 20k on it. In a sense, it has paid for itself. This was my first time ever having to buy a warranty but im certainly glad I did. Just do your homework, best of luck!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Depends on how long you want to extend it for. A one year extension with $0 deductible will run you north of $1,600, and a two year extension will run you north of $2,200. You can save a little by going with a $100 deductible, but if you have to go to the shop more than 2 or 3 times it'll end up costing you more in the long run. As I recommend to most of my customers, usually you would be better off with a quality third party extended warranty than extending the CPO past 6/100 , you will usually get longer coverage for the same money.

Do you have a VIN? I can run the Carfax and check the Galves/MMR for you.
I extended my current CPO warranty in April for two years for $1600+. I'm now covered until Dec. 2014 or 100,000 miles. I bought it through my local Volvo dealer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Im sorry, I don't mean to thread jack but you guys are all talking about the warranties. If my car is out of warranty and I just got it in May can I still purchase a warranty? I just hit 98K. Right now Im tryingt to decide if I want to throw money at it or just find something else.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hi,
I am going to look at an 07 manual R later today.
Quick tips on what to be concerned about?
Ways to verify that AWD is in good shape?
I know what a clutch in good shape should feel like, is there anything in particular regarding that I should be aware of?
4C tests?
Thanks In Advance.
Easy way to check if AWD is functional- turn off DSTC (check the manual on the exact steps- it involves holding the DSTC button down for quite a long time), then put it in first gear and try to launch it fairly hard- if you get wheelspin for more than a split second, your AWD is not working.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts