SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping for some help with an odd problem:
My 06 XC90 radio only works when it is cold out and will lose sound to the speakers when the cabin warms up. The radio is still working as I have stations displayed in the dashboard head, but no audio makes it to the speaker. I lose the back-up sensor volume as well. I have replaced the head in the dash and my mechanic has tried a different used amp under the passenger seat without help. Just prior to losing audio, I will lose stereo for about 20 seconds and then I lose all sound.
Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm hoping for some help with an odd problem:
My 06 XC90 radio only works when it is cold out and will lose sound to the speakers when the cabin warms up. The radio is still working as I have stations displayed in the dashboard head, but no audio makes it to the speaker. I lose the back-up sensor volume as well. I have replaced the head in the dash and my mechanic has tried a different used amp under the passenger seat without help. Just prior to losing audio, I will lose stereo for about 20 seconds and then I lose all sound.
Any thoughts out there?
It could be any device on the fiber bus failing and killing the ring

Easiest and fastest diagnosis would be to use VIDA when the fault condition occurs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts