SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone interested? If so contact me ASAP as it's coming to auction in California tomorrow (Wed 1/7)
It has a very high condition report, a couple of minor scratches, a few chips and that's about it! :thumbup:
Seems to be missing the cargo cover and only one switchblade key/remote, but that's sort of normal for an auction car.
Decent Contis on it.

Unless someone really wants it, I seriously doubt I will overbid to buy it considering the $1100 transportation involved to bring it back here, it being the dead of winter, plus those PNW dealers will probably pay more.... they get a ton for used, decent Rs up there in the Seattle area...:eek:

Sorry about the pics but this is all there is right now

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Is this that same one you posted about a few weeks ago with the little picture?

·
Registered
63,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, don't think so

·
Registered
63,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is becoming more bizarre
Another one in Nevada popped up being auctioned this week,
Same R but no rear park with only 39,000 miles!

One caveat this one was hit, the entire side was refinished and had minor frame damage, but...39K miles

Same car another 06 E Silver

·
Registered
63,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Potentially interested, but do you have a ballpark figure of what you think it would go for?
I never do with Rs. There is always some yo yo who must have it and pays too much.
and email me, I never discuss pricing here

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
This is becoming more bizarre
Another one in Nevada popped up being auctioned this week,
Same R but no rear park with only 39,000 miles!

One caveat this one was hit, the entire side was refinished and had minor frame damage, but...39K miles

Same car another 06 E Silver
I looked at the interior and the sheepskin seat covers looks familiar...then I realized it was the one on eBay a month ago with the sketchy seller claiming it was a 2007.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-VOLVO-V70-R-/161508883085?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&forcerrptr=true&rmvSB=true&hash=item259aadfa8d&item=161508883085&nma=true&si=mbSyUINh4DEXzkHsvk7sfB3t43c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

There's also a relatively clean 2005 VR Saph/Gobi 123k on Manheim in ATL right now..

·
Registered
63,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well then someone got very screwed if, in fact, it did sell!!!

·
Registered
63,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well as I figured the vultures would be out in force.
It was a very blah auction until this came to the block, the internet bidding was the strongest I had ever seen on an R in all these years! There were at least 6 or 7 real strong bidders so the price went up real fast.

Bottom line, it sold for $12,500 before fees so figure about 13K out the (auction) door!
Too much for my blood as I would have had a 11-$1200 bill to get it here and that would be before I would have gone over it and spent more money, and at 80K miles that is the mileage where stuff starts to go bad on these cars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts