SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My V50's transmission is flaring between 3rd and 2nd. I have read many posts on here suggesting the replacement of the valve body, but I can't seem to find any success stories.

105,000MI On the transmission, second V50 with this exact problem. (The last V50 lasted until 150,000MI).

The dealer is really trying hard to get me out of this car, and I haven't explored other options at this point. Have you done this? I still owe money on this thing, and would like to drive it for a bit longer!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've been toying with doing this too. It would he nice to find at least one person who has done it though.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Did you use a used ttans? It fixed it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure did! I purchased a trans with 60k, lifetime warranty, etc. All in all, it cost about 2k with installation. I think it was worth it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a trans from them for my last Volvo. I filled it with Amsoil synthetic, installed a trans cooler and no more issues even at 20 psi, tune, injectors, other mods and lots of WOT take offs. It lasted years and tens of thousands of miles. The fluid still looked new when I sold the car.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sure did! I purchased a trans with 60k, lifetime warranty, etc. All in all, it cost about 2k with installation. I think it was worth it!
good to know. I see a couple for 1000 ish so I might grab one. I can do the installation so is shouldn't cost much more except for some new transmission fluid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts