SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a lotta action over on the regular S60 forum.

Any idea what auto trans is in an 06' S60 T5?? I assume it's an AW55-51SN? What other cars does this interchange with? Can i swap on out of an 07' S40?

What usually goes wrong on these things? Bad servos and valve body? Easily fixable?

Thanks!! Yea, I know not R... But trying to buy the motor for the R!!

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
no.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Go on FCP Euro and search on your car, can't say I know off hand, is it a 5 speed or a 6 ?
That will give you a good starting point, if you are unsure how to tell wait till it's on the highway in top gear and nudge it across into manual mode, your current gear will display on the dash - if it says 6 then its an AWTF80

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Maybe Contact Erievolvo? They might know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
it would be a 5 speed AW55-51SN in the t5, common issue with these is the valve body which can be had for 2-300$ Would need a VB from an 04-07 V70/XC70 or 04-09 s60 non-Rs or 03-06 XC90 2.5ts all use the same trans. the s40/v50 will not work to my knowledge at least trans wise, the VB might be similar. Only thing to remember is 05+ AW55-50/51SN valve bodies do not use the b5 spring. So if you get one from an 04 you will have to remove the spring from the VB prior to installing. Pretty easy fix, can do it in a day but have to drop the subframe partially out of the way to get the cover off. I've done it about 7 total times now on different cars.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, thx for confirmation -- AW55-51SN

What other cars have an AW55-51SN?? Can i take an entire trans from the cars that you listed with the same VB?

I think this trans has a bad speed sensor and a bad solenoid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts