SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased this car worth 66,000 original miles last June and around that time everything was OK until about two months later I started to receive a clunking noise every time I shift into drive park or reverse. Now sometimes it will be pretty aggressive and you can feel it or sometimes it will be a slight feeling and you can hear it or even when the car is warmed up and you’re out about driving throughout the day it doesn’t happen at all. So recently about six months ago I ended up hitting a pothole on the highway doing 70 miles an hour it wasn’t something I could avoid because I was in rush-hour traffic and I’ve already replaced my rims and tires due to losing my front tires so recently about six months ago I ended up hitting a pothole on the highway doing 70 miles an hour it wasn’t something I could avoid because I was in rush-hour traffic and I’ve already replace my rims and tires due to losing my front tires. Since then the clunking is starting to get worse and more aggressive. I don’t drive my car that hard at all I would do a quick pool every once in a blue moon but nothing crazy. When I slap it into gear Tronic mode before taking off and driving the car when I shift up from 1st to 2nd there’s a slight clunking noise but not as aggressive when I’m shifting from park to drive or reverse. Going into third and fourth gear there’s no clunking sound at all until I start to slow down and down shift. I ran video a couple months ago and it brought up a solenoid might be stuck on and that’s really about it I don’t remember off my hand because I don’t have the laptop on me but I can go get that done pretty soon. I’ll add a video from my YouTube page and add it to this post in a few hours from now.

·
3,958 Posts
Lower Torque bushings and the driveshaft are usually the culprits. I've done both, no more clunk.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll definitely look into that today. Shouldn’t be to bad to replace and not that expensive. I mean I did spend almost 500 on a damn downpipe ��.

·
3,958 Posts
Lower Torque mount should be $40 and a rebuilt driveshaft should be 550$ - 100$ for a core return from colorado driveshaft. They did a great job with mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts