SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this used 2006 s60 2.5t FWD on Feb 14, 2009.

I drove it from Chicago to California. When I got here, it began having some transmission issues. It had a hard shift from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd. It was also delayed by 3-5 seconds when shifting into everything but Neutral. Now the car is just about to turn over 39k. I took it to Volvo about the issue, seeing as it's still within the factory warranty.

They initially told me the issue was normal. That simply was not true. I went in 3 days later, spoke with a different service writer and took a different tech out for a test drive. He noticed something was amiss.

I just got the car back today with a brand new transmission. Now that you know the history, here is my current issue.. I'm thinking the dealership was initially trying to get out of a costly repair because I have 11k miles until I'm out of the warrenty. I'm wondering if since this trans issue, should I have anything else checked? Does it normally go hand-in-hand with other issues?

I'm new to this Volvo thing. I've previously had 2 Explorers and 2 Mustangs.. Sedans are uncharted territory for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, guys.. I really appreciate it. Don't worry, I'm good about staying on top of maintenance.. And I'm pretty sure it's a new trans.. I've never seen a rebuilt run 4500$.. But maybe that's just because my trans experiences were all involving my foxes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.