SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just have some basic questions about my new to me s60

1: how much boost stock on the k24?
2: what size sways stock (yes i realize i can just get under the car and measure)
3: what size rotors, how many piston calipers (yes I realize I can just pop a wheel off and measure)
4: what size is the stock DP/cat back
5: does this car have the "twin-ter-coolers" like found on the R's?
6: need a PN for the xeon bulbs, one seems different color than the other
7: the owner did NOT have the key to the roof racks, is this a dealer only thing and how much should I expect this to be

I'm sure I'll have some more Q's as the only thing this car has in common w/ the 850 is that it has 5 cyl and 4 doors

So here's a pic and the original window sticker

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Mesoam/T5M.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Mesoam/S60WindowStick.jpg

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Number 6: The bulbs are D2R but you can go with the cheap pair of D2S from DDM for $15, which are a bit brighter.

BTW, you have a rare car.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The headlamps are BI-Xeon, which needs a different bulb right? Also what is stock temp 4.3 or 5k?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
NO, bixenon just only tells you that the headlight assembly moves up and down, not the bulb. Stock temperature is 4300k.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
no twin coolers, should have 305mm/12" rotors, single piston calipers

sweet ride, did you sell the 850?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
No my R was hit by an uninsured unlicensed driver back in January, just getting the insurance settled now :rolleyes:

Is anyone running the OBX 3'in catless DP w/ 02 spacer and the stock catback/ resonator, I can't even hear the car.

·
Registered
578 Posts
To answer the roof rack question any locksmith should be able to make a key for it for around 30 bucks that's how much it cost me when I had a Yakima and had to get a key made because the previous owner of the roof rack lost the keys.
Actually if you look on the lock cylinder you should see a letter and three numbers. This is the code to re-cut the key. If you have a bike shop nearby they can order replacements or you can get them online. Thule or the place I ordered my replacement.

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
855 Posts
It's going to be tough getting answers about the 05+ S60 T5Ms because so few people have them.

My 05 is very similar to yours except more standard 17" wheels, and the 4C suspension package.

Stock PSI I believe is around 15-16psi.
Sway bars are the same as a normla S60 I believe.

·
Registered
190 Posts
No my R was hit by an uninsured unlicensed driver back in January, just getting the insurance settled now :rolleyes:

Is anyone running the OBX 3'in catless DP w/ 02 spacer and the stock catback/ resonator, I can't even hear the car.
Yep. Exact set-up that you described. It isn't too much louder, just a lower exhaust note and a terrible "no exhaust rust bucket" smell. I can hear my turbo spool and it seems to breathe better.

I am going to remove the back resonator to see if that makes a difference under WOT. Have heard others with that set-up and I like it.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
It's going to be tough getting answers about the 05+ S60 T5Ms because so few people have them.

My 05 is very similar to yours except more standard 17" wheels, and the 4C suspension package.

Stock PSI I believe is around 15-16psi.
Sway bars are the same as a normla S60 I believe.
Stock boost level is around 11-12psi for T5's, 7-9psi for 2.4/5T's, and 14-15psu for R's.

When you say you have 4C do you have all the settings or just comfort/sport?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep. Exact set-up that you described. It isn't too much louder, just a lower exhaust note and a terrible "no exhaust rust bucket" smell. I can hear my turbo spool and it seems to breathe better.

I am going to remove the back resonator to see if that makes a difference under WOT. Have heard others with that set-up and I like it.
How long have you been running that setup? Any issues with CEL? Any sound clips?

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
855 Posts
Do you have Josh's old T5M? His was the only one I've seen with the 4C
Stock boost level is around 11-12psi for T5's, 7-9psi for 2.4/5T's, and 14-15psu for R's.

When you say you have 4C do you have all the settings or just comfort/sport?
Yes, I bought Josh's old T5M. I have also never seen another non-R have the 4C option. I know he added on after original purchase.

Thanks for the correction in boost level. I wonder how much power the car will make with DP+Exhaust+Tune. Waiting for warranty to expire.

4C only has comfort/sport for non-Rs.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That car was actually an OEM 4c car...not a post purchase add on, at least to my knowledge

I've received info from a pretty good source that the k24 t5's are closer to 1bar stock boost

1 - 20 of 40 Posts