SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an '06 S60R (automatic) with 28,000 miles. I have noticed that when I depress the accelerator, the car seems to take 2 seconds until it kicks in and starts to accelerate. Then it gets to about 4200 rpms before it shifts into second gear. I read about how fast the car is. I am not noticing it. What should I look at?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
that is turbo lag, you will have that on this car, you will get used to it. <p>check and change all fluids (with the RIGHT stuff) and check tranny mounts. <p>i have the 2.5T with 208HP you got ALOT more than that, if you cant feel it something is up.<p>and are you saying that you fully depress the gas and your car shifts at 4200? these have "learned transmissions". meaning the car molds itself to your driving. maybe the person before never got on the gas like you are trying? do a search on this forum, you might want to disconnect to battery to reset it.<p>and good to see another person from the Chi area on here!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: 06 S60 R acceleration (draga207)

Put the DSTC in REDUCED mode and enure the sport mode is engaged... The little S button on bottom right next to the shift lever and put the car in Sport or Advanced... Then hammer the throttle and report back... Especially an 06 You should feel that quick sprint to 60 in 6 seconds +-.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Go to the R forum and look up in google search wastegate thimble.<br>you can adjust it to cause turbo to spool up a bit quicker. I got mine at like 2400-2700 rpms. The R forum can be a great help to you now, welcome to swedespeed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts