SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Working: P2 S60 HID retrofit with relay harness

Hi everyone. I searched around and couldn't find any good info so i wrote this...I just installed an HID kit WITH a relay harness. Originally I had the left low beam connector as the relay switch however the low beams are Pulse Width Modulated so the relay began buzzing and the HIDs flickered. I thought I had to build a KBOWE to fix this (http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?129216). With the help of theshadow27 the idea was made to see if hooking up the relay to the parking lights would work. I removed the airbox and removed the parking light. I tapped into the yellow wire for power and the black wire for ground. Now everytime I switch on the parking lights the HIDs turn on and there is no flickering...and as long as I don't move the switch to "headlights on" position I dont even get the BULB OUT warning. I DO have my DRLs turned off though, and assume that if you don't you will get the BULB OUT warning. Hope this helps anyone who has an S60 and wants HIDs regardless of the BOW

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.