SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am new to the car world and especially to the volvo world so I have a good amount of questions. I am looking to modify most of the car mainly the engine. So I would like to know what steps to take and brands/price etc. It's a auto sadly and I know the basics so I'd like to know what u recomend for each thing please. First a intercooler close to bolt on prefered also intake, tunes, dp/ exhaust is the basics I know so please recomend anything else. Hoping for in end around 300hp maybe a little more. Exterior also I looked at evolve body kit and wondered if u knew any others and prices ect. So far I have 2 kicker cvr 12 in subs and a 2400 watt amp powered by kenwood 600 or something like that deck and also 20% tint in. Ack and 35 front and also the taillights smoked. Thanksfor all the help

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Re: 06 s60 2.5t mod questions (brianyammine)

Welcome to the Club!<p>Intercooler options would be Phuzzy Motorsports, they also have a nice downpipe for a decent price.<p>As for ECU tunes, you would want to consider BSR, RICA and IPD. EST makes some nice exhaust for our cars.<p>Evolve is the most extravegant kit for the S60 but the stock sport kit looks really nice and is half the price. There are some other kits but they look kinda lame.<p>300hp is asking alot but you might get close with a good tune and full exhaust.<p>You should post a pic of your car as it is right now.<p>-NJGB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks more info on the exhaust as to pics and what not and also the intercooler and also does the intercoolerbolt right on?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Re: (brianyammine)

If you're going to be going the engine peformance route, I suggest you take out your subs and amp, unless its really necessary, otherwise it's just added weight. As far as I know, phuz has not fabricated a FMIC kit that bolts directly onto our cars. I am sure you could make it work with some modification. I also suggest that you look into getting an exhaust and downpipe custom made at a local reputable shop, because this way you can do your research and see which combination of cat and muffler gets you the best sound and performance(This will also save you a good amount of money.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I am in like 110 degree heat and average around 90s all year so I want performance and needyness to not kill engine alsocan u give me the lowdown on all parts u recomend like review Nd what not and what worked for all of u? Thanks and how much work would it be to put a fmic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts