SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go to start it in the morning, all the electronics light up (new battery less than a month old), but it won't even attempt to turn over. Two weeks ago it would take three attempts and be fine. Now, it takes around 8.

In the afternoons there is rarely an issue, but it has happened more frequently lately.

Starter? Ignition switch? No codes or any other issue once it gets going. Also, once it turns over, there isn't any hesitation. Acts like I don't know how to turn a key.

Any help is much appreciated! Just dumped $2500 into suspension upgrades because I thought everything else was up to par.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Is there a "click" from the starter? If so, kind of sounds like the starter solenoid. Otherwise, check the starter wire connection.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Starter, immobilizer, or bad ground. Are there any messages in the DIM? Maybe disconnect and reconnect the battery, I don't think it'll do anything but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
When I go to start it in the morning, all the electronics light up (new battery less than a month old), but it won't even attempt to turn over. Two weeks ago it would take three attempts and be fine. Now, it takes around 8.

In the afternoons there is rarely an issue, but it has happened more frequently lately.

Starter? Ignition switch? No codes or any other issue once it gets going. Also, once it turns over, there isn't any hesitation. Acts like I don't know how to turn a key.

Any help is much appreciated! Just dumped $2500 into suspension upgrades because I thought everything else was up to par.
enjoy

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?181721-Started-Solenoid-upgrade

1 - 6 of 6 Posts