SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a CPO 2005 XC90 2.5 with all options except Nav. Car is in great shape, but I've looked at both the fuse box in the driver's side of the dash, as well as the fuse box underneath the driver's side of the dash (near the pedals) and, while I can find several non-switched +12V sources, I can't find an open fuse terminal that has +12V switched. <p>Is there an easy place to get +12V for small electronics (GPS/radar/etc)?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Re: '05 XC90 -- looking for in-cabin switched power (tremor12)

Don't know if the '05 has the 12V power point in the dash but that is switched.<p>Also most of the power in the fuse box shuts off after about a minute. So what you are testing as unswitched may just be a delayed switched.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: '05 XC90 -- looking for in-cabin switched power (robtr8)

Great suggestion, I checked with the door closed long enough for the interior lights to go off and -- yep! -- one of the +12V open circuits I saw turned off. Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts

look up from the steering column on the right from it there is a grey plug with one of ea: ground, switched, constant 12V -look for instructions how to install bluetooth -it has instructions how to find the plug.<br>

·
Registered
2 Posts

under the drivers dash panel is the cem ( central electrical module) it has an 8 pin plug in it . Pin #1 blue/red wire (blue wire with red strip) is 12v ignition. This is a true ignition so it will stay ignition even through crank. Ideal for radar detectors and such as they wont shut off and on through a crank. Use a t-tap wire connection and put a fuse on the side going to your devices. I wouldnt use much more than a radar/gps/xmradio.... not a good point to add a big 110v inverter or anything with out using a relay. let me know if this helps. you will still need to ground your accessory just find a bolt going into metal some where and us it. let me know if this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts