SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw that Volvo changed the 5 speed auto to a stronger 6 speed auto on the 2006 models. But what else did they change ? Did they change anything with the engine to prevent the block from cracking or anything like that ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Re: 05 to 06 Changes to the RRRRRRRRR ? (TurboR850)

Quote, originally posted by TurboR850 »
Did they change anything with the engine to prevent the block from cracking or anything like that ?

Thanks

I wasn't aware that cracking blocks on the '04 and '05s were an issue. I only remember reading about one or two, and both were highly modified putting out nearly double the horsepower of the original 300. oclv

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TurboR850 »
Did they change anything with the engine to prevent the block from cracking or anything like that ?

Only on the stealth "Special Edition" models. The catch: there is no badging on the SE so you're not really sure if you have one.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: 05 to 06 Changes to the RRRRRRRRR ? (MagoonR)

Quote, originally posted by MagoonR »

Only on the stealth "Special Edition" models. The catch: there is no badging on the SE so you're not really sure if you have one.

It's actually all black sapphire/atacama models w/ sport kit, it's a little know secret.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

OMG, so many people must be worried
. . .

·
Registered
11,628 Posts

After a recent post I found out that the '06 GT received a beefier angle gear. The MT did not.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Zigger's was the last one. We all know what happened to that car, and it wasn't an issue with a cracked block.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.