SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving a 05 S60R auto 5speex, and was wondering if there is launch control for our cars or what's the best was to launch from spot and on a roll.

·
Registered
272 Posts
No launch control, and the 5 speed auto is torque limited in first and second. This is not a drag car.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Pit your foot on the brake and hit the gas, let go of brake... :facepalm: you will break stuff:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No launch control, and the 5 speed auto is torque limited in first and second. This is not a drag car.
let me guess u one of those people that grabs a fast car and never cvgow fast it goes or what it got. Lol
Kinda like old people, they grab Vetts, vipers and they gather and drink beer and cook BBQ lol the point of fast cars is to c what it got and break and fix it lol
And that's the reason I bought mine. I smoke R32, and B5 S4 like they sone civics lol and ill I got is Ipd do, catback, K&N intake and Ipd tune (might get Ard) and that's the point of getting an R... Lol

Yea and I tried boos break and not bad.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
let me guess u one of those people that grabs a fast car and never cvgow fast it goes or what it got. Lol
Kinda like old people, they grab Vetts, vipers and they gather and drink beer and cook BBQ lol the point of fast cars is to c what it got and break and fix it lol
And that's the reason I bought mine. I smoke R32, and B5 S4 like they sone civics lol and ill I got is Ipd do, catback, K&N intake and Ipd tune (might get Ard) and that's the point of getting an R... Lol

... the age old argument. Check out dragtimes.com, http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.p...e4=-1&op4==&year4=0&submitButtonName=Compare!

when you compare the 3 cars (AWD platform, R32 (a small V6 making 240hp), S4 and S60r) you have to get pretty far down the list before you see Volvo.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... the age old argument. Check out dragtimes.com, http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.p...e4=-1&op4==&year4=0&submitButtonName=Compare!

when you compare the 3 cars (AWD platform, R32 (a small V6 making 240hp), S4 and S60r) you have to get pretty far down the list before you see Volvo.
I agree with u, but if ur comparing a stock S4 with only dp, intake and catback and a R32 tuning 280( to the crank) and a 05 S60R with bolt ons, S60r take them. We tried from stop and on roll, R 32 takes at beginning, but S60R pulls on R32 after 60mph and S4 after 90 and by the time we reach 140 wel u know how it goes lol

BUT I respect all euro cars don't matter weather its a bimmer or a Saab lol
My brother has an 08 m5 and I got no chanse against him lol
And my other brother gas R32 with stage 3 HPA and that thing is freaking crazy lol

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm curious what made you get a S60R? These aren't the traditional street racer cars? I love my VR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
l
Not to break. Just to have some fun,but we tend have the money to through at a fun project :)

·
Registered
272 Posts

No I simply understand a given car's strengths and weaknesses. Also I speak with proper English.

Vipers and Corvettes are designed to race off the line, although you won't find launch control in any but the latest Corvettes. Everything I stated was fact, and it's ridiculous to expect a 5 speed auto S/VR to be a competent drag racer. In a drag race, torque is your friend. It gets you off the line quickly. His automatic is TORQUE LIMITED in first and second gear, remove the limiter and add power and you WILL break stuff.

Come back and talk to me when you've got an automotive engineering degree like me.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
His automatic is TORQUE LIMITED in first and second gear, remove the limiter and add power and you WILL break stuff.
This is why you need a 6 speed auto (06-07) or something with an AMG badge :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,054 Posts

I know how traffic is where you live. I am from Gig Harbor. Don't pretend you drive fast. Everyone up there drives 55mph and if you go 75mph you stick out like a sore thumb and will get nailed by the cops. You sound like someone who pretends to drive fast. I guarantee I drive more miles faster in my XC90 than you do driving your R.

Last time I went home for a visit from Germany I was going insane on I-5. 55mph in the left lane. I felt like I was stuck behind my father the entire time I was there.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm curious what made you get a S60R? These aren't the traditional street racer cars? I love my VR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I used to have a 2010 Challenger R/T 3.5 but I got hit, so i decided to get my self a Volvo, and i got a 2.5 turbo s60 and I just lved it, thats why I got my self a R, and I love it too, especially the Sleeper style, when ur rollin down the street and no one know u got over 350HP lol but I just wanna c what i can do with it, Im a Ukranin and I love how that Russian dude built his blue S60R.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not to break. Just to have some fun,but we tend have the money to through at a fun project :)

Hehe who said I dont have the money to fix them? :) I just like to fix everything my self, (learn new stuff) Im workin on a front custome bumper right now for my R, and I havent been drivin it for over 2 weeks now, and I miss it.

when me and my freind gather, we got Bimmers, Audis, VW's and Im the only Volvo Guy, but they learned to respect my Volvo after a smoekd a few of them LOL VOLVOS4LIFE

·
Registered
135 Posts
No I simply understand a given car's strengths and weaknesses. Also I speak with proper English.

Vipers and Corvettes are designed to race off the line, although you won't find launch control in any but the latest Corvettes. Everything I stated was fact, and it's ridiculous to expect a 5 speed auto S/VR to be a competent drag racer. In a drag race, torque is your friend. It gets you off the line quickly. His automatic is TORQUE LIMITED in first and second gear, remove the limiter and add power and you WILL break stuff.

Come back and talk to me when you've got an automotive engineering degree like me.

And yes I agree with you about the Vett and all, but las week we tried a 2008 Z06, a 04 SRT10, and 2001 Audi S4 (400 hp to the wheels) and 2008 BMW M5, and guess what, Vett fastest, then S4, then Viper, and M5 came in last. Now my point is that I bet that a few years ago when some one put up that they wanted to make their S4 beat a08 M5 or SRT 10, people laughed from him, but he made it possible. And ye athe audi is also Auto..... u and your degree LOL

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is why you need a 6 speed auto (06-07) or something with an AMG badge :thumbup:
I also drive a 2004 745li Sport package, got cutome bodykits (did them my self), 22" MRR rims, and full cutome 3" Stailess steel catback, and i'v been driving as my daily drive for over two weeks now, and I still miss my R,... can't wait to be done with it...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
All the members in here are trying to be honest with you, the car isn't meant to get off the line fast without possibly breaking something. Plus being an auto with the torque limiter in 1st and 2nd gear that doesn't help. If you want a fast and reliable drag car you bought the wrong car.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
the kid's obviously a spoiled brat from seattle, what's he need english for?

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
It's okay, he doesn't realize there isn't enough straight road around seattle to reach the 175mph claimed. The only place to do such a thing is I-90 going east way outside of Seattle.

Maybe one day he will be able to go fast and see you eat up a ton of asphalt reaching top speed. Until then he needs fast 0-60 times racing stoplight to stoplight.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
FWIW I think ARD is coming out with a launch control option as part of their new tunes. And if you don't post videos of you launching your R then we know that you're the one driving the camRy :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts