SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 S60 2.5T AWD: P0700 "Transmission Control System (MIL Request)", P0600 "Serial Communication Link", P0503 "Vehicle Speed S

Hi all, if you remember from a previous thread, I previously had a set of warning and error messages thrown at me ("immobilizer, see manual", "transmission service required", "engine system service required"), on a dying battery. I was fine until last night, when, as I downshifted to 4th gear, I got "Anti-skid service required", immediately followed by the RPM counter falling to 0, and "Transmission service required". At that point, the transmission was stuck in 4th, then I got the "-", before the transmission got back to "D" 5mn later, and the Check engine light came up.

Over the last few months, the "Anti-skid service required" and "Brake assist service required" warnings have come on and off, intermittently. I had figured changing the right front half-CV axle in October would take care of this, and it seemed to for a while, but no. The car drives perfectly fine.

The error codes I got from my Android app are: P0070 "Transmission Control System (MIL Request)", P0060 "Serial Communication Link", P0503 "Vehicle Speed Sensor Intermittent/Erratic/High".

Any idea/suggestion is highly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice! And it looks like I'm getting the VIDA/DiCE solution. A scan at a non-dealer shop would still cost me $108...

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Screenshot of the delivery tab is OK, ignore the other tabs.

One suggestion, most likely there will be a ton of stored codes, this is normal for a vehicle that hasn't been scanned in a long time. Any codes in yellow should not be a concern, any codes in red are. Erase all the codes first, start the engine and check if any immediately set, then drive it around for a bit and check agian.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Screenshot of the delivery tab is OK, ignore the other tabs.

One suggestion, most likely there will be a ton of stored codes, this is normal for a vehicle that hasn't been scanned in a long time. Any codes in yellow should not be a concern, any codes in red are. Erase all the codes first, start the engine and check if any immediately set, then drive it around for a bit and check agian.
Yes indeed, tons of codes in yellow... one of those being "DIM-0001 Mileage Manipulated"!

It looks like I will have to be connected live to get the delivery tab, but from the faults that seem to apply to my issues of late, this is what I see. I am concerned about the alternator, although I did change the battery in December and hadn't had any issue operating the car since, until Saturday. Otherwise I'm a bit puzzled by the ECM codes. I don't have any TCM or BCM error code listed that doesn't have a green light status. Wondering if the ECM itself is having issues.

Red:
284: ECM-5130 Malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) control module transmission (TCM).
The diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored if the engine control module (ECM) registers that the transmission control module (TCM) has transmitted a request to save the frozen values.

Yellow:
372: CEM-1C06 Alternator control module (ACM). Electrical fault
372: CEM-1C08 Alternator control module (ACM). Mechanical fault
284: ECM-512B Malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) communication. Signal missing
The diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored if the engine control module (ECM) registers a fault in the CAN communication between the transmission control module (TCM) and the engine control module (ECM).
284: ECM-A12B Speed signal. Signal missing
A fault message is transmitted to the engine control module (ECM) and the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored if a fault is detected in the brake control module (BCM). Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) for the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) signal are also stored in the brake control module (BCM).

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Any faults with the electrical system can throw the whole vehicle in a fit. I don't have any experience with those alternator codes, but it might be the voltage regulator. Here's my write up on voltage regulator replacement, was trying to fuss out a non-issue with my lighting.

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?26791-Voltage-Regulator-(Brush-Pack)-Replacement

Speed sensor is quite concerning. I'd check the wiring before considering a replacement. Engine speed sensor and vehicle speed sensor are both same sensor, one is located on the front of the trans, the other is at the rear. I guess you could swap sensors to see if the fault moves, but I'm unsure how this will affect drivability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts