SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my alternator belt blew out yesterday and the car just crawled to stopped and sputtered to a stall. i replaced the belt and everything is turning when i go to start it, but it doesn't sound like the pistons are doing a damn thing..... please any help is appreciated

·
Registered
315 Posts
If your timing belt was taken out, odds are the engine is toast with valves implanted in the pistons.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
so my alternator belt blew out yesterday and the car just crawled to stopped and sputtered to a stall. i replaced the belt and everything is turning when i go to start it, but it doesn't sound like the pistons are doing a damn thing..... please any help is appreciated
so your aux belt snapped or the alt failed? how many miles are on your car? Def need more information on the event and what you drive to offer any advice :confused:

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
If your timing belt was taken out, odds are the engine is toast with valves implanted in the pistons.
I'm guessing your belt broke.... Alaskan is correct. I wouldn't call the engine toast but you ARE looking at a major bill to repair the almost surely bent valves.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yeah, belt went means it probably caused the cambelt to jump a few teeth... Very common thing as it looks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts