SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some leakage from my old PS reservoir, and replaced it with the 05+ style based on recommendations on this board. With the appropriate hose the conversion is straight forward, as also previously stated here.
However, I still have some weepage from the cap:

Upon looking at the inside of the cap, there is no rubber gasket at all in there (as there was on the '04 version of the reservoir).

I would highly appreciate if someone with an '05+ version taking a look at theirs and let me know if there is supposed to be a gasket there?

Thank you very much in advance!

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Nope. No gasket. My cap looks just like yours but I have no seepage.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
The seepage is often what gets past the seal when you check the level, so it may be ok, just wipe it down and keep an eye on it to make sure its not getting any worse.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The seepage is often what gets past the seal when you check the level, so it may be ok, just wipe it down and keep an eye on it to make sure its not getting any worse.
Yeah I thought about that and since I have been checking it 3-4 times since installing the new reservoir - makes sense!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Seepage can be caused by blocked vent hole. There is a little hole in the top of the cap. Use pressurized air to clean that.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seepage can be caused by blocked vent hole. There is a little hole in the top of the cap. Use pressurized air to clean that.
Update - I checked real hard to find that vent hole. I'm 99%+ mine doesn't have any.

Also - there is a gasket, but it's not at the bottom, sealing towards the top edge of the reservoir. It's an internal O-ring, sealing to the inside of the neck of the reservoir.

But Stealthy was right - once I wiped it down and left it alone (not checking the level), it has not seeped any more. Nice....

·
Registered
758 Posts
I had the same problem after converting to the new model reservoir. I also notice the absence of a gasket. I added a rubber gasket myself and never had any problem since.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Stealthy was right - once I wiped it down and left it alone (not checking the level), it has not seeped any more. Nice....
I usually am, so glad to hear the news, lol. :cool:

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts