SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while driving to work I took a left hand turn a little faster than usual and my XC90 responded with a worrying groaning/grinding noise which appeared to be coming from the front right. I did a few more quick turns and it only happens while turning left relatively harder and eventually goes away.<p>I'll take it to the dealer soon for an inspection, but would like know if it's a common problem.<p>Any ideas what could be causing it? Brakes? Suspension?<br>

·
Registered
270 Posts
xc90 front suspension mounts are prone to failure. our service tech saw this and was replaced under warranty. the noise you mentioned sounds like tire rubbing which might mean that your suspension mounts has broken off. just a thought.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: '04 XC90 - Groaning noise when turning left? (Karma Police)

Power steering fluid is low. Top it up, and noise should go away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: '04 XC90 - Groaning noise when turning left? (Mika)

Thanks Mika, you were right on!! Just checked the fluid in lunch break and it was low - way too low. Drove to the dealer, they were kind enough to top it off free of charge and voila!. A couple quick turns where it used to groan and no more scary noises. The hose from the reservoir is slightly wet with oil so I guess it's leaking around there somewhere. I'll clean that area and get to the bottom of it eventually.<p>Thanks again, really appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts