SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty loaded 04 2.5 with 25K miles. A dealership here in Denver offered $25K! We are looking at Honda Ody...two more kids since the purchase and no room in our 5 seater.

I did an Edmunds search and that was about right. Anyone else have trade-in experience in the Denver area??

I guess third-party is best way to go, since $2K+ is a little too steep for the trade-in conveience.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Re: 04 XC90 2.5 Trade-In Value Shock (lifgard)

I imagine the lower than expected trade-in (with better than normal mileage) is due to the fact that it's a 5 seater.

Good luck with your private sale...I'm sure it will go pretty quickly.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: 04 XC90 2.5 Trade-In Value Shock (CINCYFAN)

Quote, originally posted by CINCYFAN »
I imagine the lower than expected trade-in (with better than normal mileage) is due to the fact that it's a 5 seater.

Good luck with your private sale...I'm sure it will go pretty quickly.

Let's put it this way (and that is ALL i am going to write): TWO weeks ago, one of our customers traded a Black 2005 XC90 2.5T AWD (5-seater as well) and her trade-in value was $30,500. I would hardly call that a disappointing number...

Yannis

·
Registered
524 Posts

Have to remember that if you trade it in, you can save on your tax since you are paying only on the difference of the two cars. Something to consider.

Tom

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: 04 XC90 2.5 Trade-In Value Shock (GrecianVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

Let's put it this way (and that is ALL i am going to write): TWO weeks ago, one of our customers traded a Black 2005 XC90 2.5T AWD (5-seater as well) and her trade-in value was $30,500. I would hardly call that a disappointing number...

Yannis
So I should consider myself lucky to have gotten 33?

·
Registered
908 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

Yannis
Yannis,

I'm not saying the original poster SHOULD have expected a higher trade in value, but he did. My only point was that an XC90 with a the third row has the versatility package - this means your going to get more for your trade, right? All things being equal - the more options you have = a higher trade-in value. Or am I wrong about that?

I'm certainly not an expert on vehicles or in the auto business...but I would guess that she got $30.5k because her XC90 was an '05 and we're only in 2006 and haven't yet seen 2007 models yet. Her car is "last year's model" and not three years old. The original poster's XC90 was an '04.

Anyway - just wanted to clarify.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Here are the numbers from edmunds, using what I could obtain from your sign in. The quote looks pretty good. The versatility package hurts you.

Trade in Private Retail

National Base Price $24,585 $26,601 $28,250
Optional Equipment $1,251 $1,380 $1,649
Power Moonroof $340 $375 $448
Leather Seats $317 $350 $418
Rain Sensing Windshield Wipers $95 $105 $125
Xenon Headlights $227 $250 $299
Metallic Paint $204 $225 $269
Garage Door Opener $68 $75 $90
Color Adjustment
Light Green $-62 $-68 $-72
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code 43017 $-123 $-133 $-141
Mileage Adjustment
25,000 miles $0 $0 $0
Condition Adjustment
Outstanding $976 $1,001 $1,090
Total $26,627 $28,781 $30,776

Certified Used Vehicle $33,643

Matt

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: 04 XC90 2.5 Trade-In Value Shock (Aztecian)

Quote, originally posted by Aztecian »

So I should consider myself lucky to have gotten 33?

Yours was an entirely different car; a T6, 7-pass., had more options.

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: 04 XC90 2.5 Trade-In Value Shock (CINCYFAN)

Quote, originally posted by CINCYFAN »

Yannis,

I'm not saying the original poster SHOULD have expected a higher trade in value, but he did. My only point was that an XC90 with a the third row has the versatility package - this means your going to get more for your trade, right? All things being equal - the more options you have = a higher trade-in value. Or am I wrong about that?

I'm certainly not an expert on vehicles or in the auto business...but I would guess that she got $30.5k because her XC90 was an '05 and we're only in 2006 and haven't yet seen 2007 models yet. Her car is "last year's model" and not three years old. The original poster's XC90 was an '04.

Anyway - just wanted to clarify.

She got what she got because that is what her car is worth. I am not going to get involve, HERE, in assessing whether someone's trade-in value is high or low. I just posted an actual example so that you can all draw your own conclusions.

Yannis

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks for all the input. Edmunds was pretty close to the dealer.

The tax saving when trading in may be worth it. I am getting the Ody EX-L/NAV RES for invoice.

All in all, we have enjoyed the XC90 and have had no problems. Unfortunalty, we can't fit the family any longer.

Maybe the new convertaible C70 may be in the stars, if I can convience the wife.

·
Registered
827 Posts

Suprise kids, we got the 7 seater in case we needed it....
Hope I dont need a mini-van.

Trade in cost isnt the complete story, it needs to be related to the new vehicle cost and the deal that is gotten on it. If you get a great trade in and a bad deal on the new one, then there is no gain. A great trade-in and a low purchase price (for what the new vehicle is worth) is what the buyer wants.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts