SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having intermittent trans shifting issues the last year. It has not been horrible. It has never really gotten worse. So, I had gotten to the point of it being predictable and I dealt with it. I also was kinda waiting for it to get worse or fail, while I was on the fence about buying a new car. Well, it never got worse, and I am too cheap for a new car.

Long story short, I had a new valve body from Level10 installed. Picked the car up yesterday, and WOW! It is a new car!!! Silky smooth upshifts, no jerky downshifts, and no clunks,delays etc while engaging into drive or reverse.

Very happy!!!

So, that was the first step in the small investment into this car. Knowing it was all good, I will proceed with tune up, coolant flush, AC service and tires... That should at least buy me another year. Car is
129K, and still very tight.

Luve these cars!

So, I cant recommend Level10 enough, if you are experiencing jerky or hard shifts. The guys name is Pat that helped me. They are very very familiar with the AW trans in these cars, and the inherent flaws. Their valve body is OE casing, with their proprietary components. Much more stout and robust than OE.

Any questions dont hesitate.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could never have done this myself. There is a lot of stuff that has to come off in order to get to the valve body. If you have skills, know how and space, it might not be an issue. Not me though. I learned long ago, "never try to beat a man at his own game". So, I pay!!! Little things I can do... lol.

Anyway, Autohaus International in Tempe did the work for me. They are an independent euro shop. Pricey, but good. The new valve body was 600 bucks, and install costs were about 850.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts