SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a 2004 xc90 2.5T with approximately 199,000 miles on it. I have recently noticed upon acceleration when shifting into 3rd gear that the RPMs drop for a split second and then jump back right up to where they are supposed to be. If I give her some gas when this happens the car doesn't hesitate to take off at all. Any idea as to what could be causing this?

I have also noticed that when I fully apply the brakes while the vehicle is in drive that there seems to be a vibration sound. As soon as I let off the brakes and start to accelerate the vibration sound completely disappears. The other day on my way home from work I was sitting at a stop light and decided to see if I switched from drive to neutral while stopped if the vibration would go away and sure enough as soon as I did the vibration sound vanished, but reappeared as soon as I shifted back from neutral to drive.

I'm not sure if either of the two things I described are related to one another, but any insight into either of these "issues" would be greatly appreciated. I should also probably mention that this past week I had the brake fluid flushed as well as the coolant while she was in the shop having a bad wheel bearing replaced, and the mechanic did recommend that I have the transmission fluid flushed soon. Who knows, maybe that could cure my issues?

·
Registered
389 Posts
- Check the ATF level. Maybe do a slow drain/refill for a few cycles. I wrote the procedure on Matthews Volvo forum.

- Warped rotors cause the braking vibration. Resurface the rotors for $10/each.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts