SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all im need to the forum. My name is Delvin i reside in Allentown pa. Im also trying to get BoostR attention as he is local to hook up his vida vice. Text me 610 200 8852 BoostR

I just bought a 04 volvo s60 with some electrical problem. Car starts and run. First problem i saw was the radiator fan turns on cold start and sound like a turbine. Got some code even after resetting for low voltage to the maf temp sensor, maf, fuel rail pressure, turbo, and boost senor. Reference code p0642. Ive tested voltage to fuel rail and it will read 5v then stop and come back on.

After warming up the car will stutter and lose power, start misfiring, transmission will go in anti-skid mode. Engine will finally shut down and wont start until a couple of minute then hard shift. Will do this everytime. Recently i got the reduce engine proformance.

I believe its the ecu. I have a matching spare gotten from the junk yard along with the cem. I know Ard can clone mine onto the new one. I dont think dealer are capable.
Any suggestion or help is appreciated.

Also if you can get BoostR in here maybe i can get more codes pulled that will be great. Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
doesnt sounds like an electrical problem. without scanning it I would say BPS and/or FPS, BPS will make the fan turn on full speed if its toast. Has your car had the fuel pump replaced like it probably should have? If you call volvo they can check to see if it was replaced during the recall.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see if they did. But i will look into the bps and fps to see if those symptom are like mine. I ordered the vice vida, but that wont be here until next week. Car been sitting for month since ive bought it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just hooked up my actron scanner and veiw live data. Maf did show anything it said 0lb. Ive tested the power to the maf. It have the power from the battery but the 5v supply not responding.

Also fps read 1 psi. I disconnected it and hooked up its 5v to maf and nothing. And right away the fps went to 111psi. Any help pls

1 - 4 of 4 Posts