SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started after driving my v70r to Tahoe. It sat for a few days in <32 degree temps. When I started driving it back home, it did this.
In the vida/dice there are no codes stored. I thought it was a bad coil, but I believe that would have a misfire code?

Here's a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI1Om9dnKhQ

Any ideas? I thought it could be the TCV but it has an upgraded ipd tcv.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My idle was stumbling at idle just like yours but for me it was a fuel issue where I did have codes stored pointing to the fuel pressure sensor, but it was a bad fuel pump. I also had complete loss of power where the car would cut off at WOT between 3-4k rpm, but not where it felt like I only had half of the power before that fuel cutoff, it just cut off without warning, so I doubt you're having the same problem as I was having. Seems like a vac leak could be a good place to check. You might also simply be losing boost and without a boost gauge idk how you'd go about finding that out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fuel pump was replaced by the previous owner...

Just ordered a vac/boost gauge, hopefully that reveals something. I just got this car a few months ago, been nothin but problems - one after another. Kinda frustrating.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Could you try using either vida or a generic scanner to look at the fuel pressure kpa while you're driving? If it stays at a constant ~400 kpa even when accelerating you might have ruled out fuel system issues. No codes leads me to believe its either a leak somewhere/you're losing boost. A loose gasket, bad hose, bad cbv, bad turbo entirely, who knows.

I have also seen other people while forum browsing from the problem I was having with people having problems with the ipd tcv and they go back to the oem one or pierburg, it could be that simple.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, got the boost gauge.

At idle in park it's solid at -20.
In D it drops to -19 and does that stumble in the video.
Flooring it it gets to 6-7psi, sometimes 8, and just stays there and makes that shuddering noise. So since I guess that's just wastegate pressure, bad TCV or CBV?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welp, fuel pressure is steady at 400kpa...

I've replaced the ignition coils, the plugs, and the TCV, still tops out at 7psi and stutters there.

Next I guess I'll clean the MAF, do further leak testing, then take the heat shield off and see if the CBV holds vac... wish there was a ****in code

·
Registered
626 Posts
Is your tcv getting the correct signal? It's kind of acting like the tcv isn't plugged in, so I would take a look at wiring.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
IPDs TCV is a piece of junk... Swap that first.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep, replaced the ipd tcv with a pierburg tcv, no difference.

Should I hook the boost gauge up to each of the lines running into the tcv and see what they read?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts