SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of fun with my 00 S70 T5M, Viktor developed a nasty rod knock. So, RIP Viktor.

I searched all over Nashville and Atlanta for a couple months to find something to hold me over while I save for an R, and finally found Wilma locally, my 04 V70 T5. My wife has an 05 XC70 in the same color, so it’s fun to have semi-matching Volvo wagons in the garage.

It’s been well maintained, and has 165,000 miles as of yesterday. ihatespeedbumps is going to give it a good look soon, but I know I’ll need new suspension soon. Looking at lowering springs and shocks/struts, or possibly coilovers.

I’d love to find an R wing and stock R exhaust eventually, but it’s great for now. I miss the manual transmission, and have thought about swapping it from the S70, but don’t have the time or space or money to do that right now.

Here she is:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Looks nice! I don't see too many red V70s.

·
Registered
17,301 Posts
Sweet. Xenons too. Always loved the Sirius wheels.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet. Xenons too. Always loved the Sirius wheels.

I've been enjoying reading through your crazy long thread for inspiration! The xenon's were a great surprise.

Don't be jealous, but it also has the very obsolete Volvo Integrated Phone system complete with the speaker in the headrest, steering wheel buttons and the corded handset in the center cubby. My 6 year old loves "talking" on the "old phone".

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
I've been enjoying reading through your crazy long thread for inspiration! The xenon's were a great surprise.

Don't be jealous, but it also has the very obsolete Volvo Integrated Phone system complete with the speaker in the headrest, steering wheel buttons and the corded handset in the center cubby. My 6 year old loves "talking" on the "old phone".
Fun fact, the GPS antenna is located around the rain sensor... And in VIDA you can still get the lat/long from the PHM! You can maybe get it to work by getting a euro PHM, the US one was analogue CDMA which does not exist anymore, Europe was GSM.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I too love that color. It tempted me for a second when I saw it on CL. Nice to see it went to an enthusiast.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I've actually never seen that color. Get those plastic bumper trim pieces wrapped in a similar red and you'll be looking like an 05+.
Btw, what's the exhaust @eric Green? It looks PHAT.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Btw, what's the exhaust @eric Green? It looks PHAT.
Yes, it's more... unnhhh... "visually noticeable" from the side than I thought it would be :p

It's a Mototex/Jetex "Touring" cat-back sold by Eurosport Tuning. It has the center resonator, and absolutely zero droning on the highway. Slightly louder than my 2.4T was with the JRL mod; Perfect- perfect - bolt-in fitting. Antherzoll has a few vids posted somewhere of his Touring exhaust. Better looking than the OEM limp-dick tailpipe thingie :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You mean this...
It’s gotta go
Unless you like unreasonably load exhaust, stock one is the best IMO. I could hear Jetex anywhere in my 3-story house when the car was idling in front of it, tailpipe looking at the open garage. Ended up buying a new Volvo catback to replace Jetex Touring that was in the car for an hour or so. I'm performance exhaust educated for about $600...

Better get a downpipe, that will add some nice grunt AND power.

·
Registered
17,301 Posts
Unless you like unreasonably load exhaust, stock one is the best IMO. I could hear Jetex anywhere in my 3-story house when the car was idling in front of it, tailpipe looking at the open garage. Ended up buying a new Volvo catback to replace Jetex Touring that was in the car for an hour or so. I'm performance exhaust educated for about $600...

Better get a downpipe, that will add some nice grunt AND power.
Gonna agree on P2 T5s. I have a 3” catted downpipe, res delete and the muffler had mostly barfed out all its fiberglass. It’s actually really quiet at idle and on the highway but had a light engine note while driving around. That being said it will bark snap pop and burble on run off and rev up. It’s superb. Best sounding exhaust I’ve ever had.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gonna agree on P2 T5s. I have a 3” catted downpipe, res delete and the muffler had mostly barfed out all its fiberglass. It’s actually really quiet at idle and on the highway but had a light engine note while driving around. That being said it will bark snap pop and burble on run off and rev up. It’s superb. Best sounding exhaust I’ve ever had.

I haven’t seen much that’s interested me other than the VR exhaust with a resonator delete. I’m not looking to go aftermarket honestly, but I like the way the VR exhaust looks better than that stock tailpipe. Seems like it’s not incredibly loud either. I do love the idea of removing the resonator and adding a dp and being done. I haven’t searched this yet, but what is this removing fiberglass about?

·
Registered
17,301 Posts
I haven’t seen much that’s interested me other than the VR exhaust with a resonator delete. I’m not looking to go aftermarket honestly, but I like the way the VR exhaust looks better than that stock tailpipe. Seems like it’s not incredibly loud either. I do love the idea of removing the resonator and adding a dp and being done. I haven’t searched this yet, but what is this removing fiberglass about?

The muffler packing will fail on it’s own accord. I didn’t do anything to facilitate that other than drive the car hard.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Excellent looking wagon! Come see me at work sometime and I'll make sure we get the euro foglight application installed so you can keep your fogs on with the piss poor highbeams the xenons offer. Made a world of difference in my R.

·
Registered
17,301 Posts
Excellent looking wagon! Come see me at work sometime and I'll make sure we get the euro foglight application installed so you can keep your fogs on with the piss poor highbeams the xenons offer. Made a world of difference in my R.
On that topic, if you get the driving light harness and put some spots or led on like I did you can disconnect the focus motor in the headlight and retain your lows when the highs are triggered

·
Registered
532 Posts
I installed a VR exhaust on my 2002 V70 T5, did not get to the DP/resonator delete, yet...but, for sure, it looks much better aesthetically. Simple, the rear exhaust bracket needs to be rotated 180 degrees and used an oscillating multi-tool to cut out the rear/lower bumper cover to fit the tailpipe.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
You mean this...

It’s gotta go

At least they added a polished tip on the 05+ models.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts