SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mom has a 2004 V70 non-turbo 2.4 Liter that started popping a consistent check engine light. When I pulled the codes on my generic OBD2 reader I got the following codes:

OBD2 - confirmed:

P2227 - Barometric Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance

OBD2 - confirmed:

P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance

I reset the codes but they came back on pretty quickly. The car seems to run fine although it seems that the engine is working a little harder than it should at times, and at one point when I let it idle after a short drive the idle seemed to fluctuate up and down for a bit and then went back to normal. Anyone else had these two codes come on together and what was the diagnosis/solution??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
99 Posts
both are the same sensor. check the port for the vacuum hose to see if its plugged with carbon is not replace the sensor. the sensor is on the radiator support it has a vacuum hose going to it from intake manifold by the throttle. little hose.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i assumed but a lot of people have said they replaced the map sensor and still had the same cel come on. I'm gonna go grab one from the junk yard first before i buy a new sensor and see if the CEL goes away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts