SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I replaced my pcv system due to it being completely clogged, it spat oil everywhere and wasn't running right. Well it turns out it wasn't running right because the clogged pcv system was spitting oil all over the top of my valve cover and took out at least one coil. So I ordered a set of coils, installed them today, codes are gone, car runs great. Right up until it stalls. It stalls the same way it would if the alternator had failed, but I have no battery light, and I only did the alternator last year. I know that doesn't rule it out in itself, but it raises my eyebrow to say the least. Anybody have any ideas? The battery has been sitting flat, so I've had it on 2 amp charge for about a day. When it dies, it will start again, but die within about ten seconds, and then the battery is dead. I know the warning light for the alternator works as well because like I said it was done last year. Has anything like this happened to anybody else? The biggest thing that's throwing me off is that it runs like new again. If it didn't I'd know I forgot to plug something back in or something like that. Help.

·
Registered
222 Posts
clean the battery terminals, and try charging again, maybe with a more powerful charger if you have access to one. Sitting flat can kill a battery, so maybe a replacement is in order now. Any date codes on the battery?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea, I've had the car three years and haven't done the battery, it is an oem Volvo battery. I'll check on it some more today

1 - 5 of 5 Posts