SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have been trying to figure this out for a month now and have gotten no where. I changed the throttle pedal position sensor and next the ETM with a used unit I bought from a member on here and nothing has changed. i am getting the reduced engine performance and an engine system service message. When i hook it up to my cheap scan tool I am getting three messages now here is what they read
P2121 -- ECM-9700 -- Accelerator pedal position sensor, digital signal -- Faulty signal
P2121 -- ECM-970B -- Accelerator pedal position sensor, digital signal -- Signal missing
P2122 -- ECM-941D -- Accelerator pedal position sensor, digital signal -- Signal too low
I am going to have another memder with Vida/Dice look at it but he can't untill next weekend so I am just seeing if any of you guys have any other suggestions. I know someone on here said try the brake position sensor but that is a $100 dollar part and I don't want to waste the money unless there is a good chance that is it. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Do you have a manual or auto? If it's a manual, you can apparently check for the brake pedal position sensor by putting it in neutral and depressing the brake/gas at the same time. If it doesn't rev, the brake pedal position sensor is suspect.

I also wasn't willing to pay $100 for a new one, so I went to a pick 'n pull and got one for $10. Fixed my problem with the same acc pedal faulty signal code.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts