SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to this forum and to my S60R (had a volvo 850 before). Have a lot of questions for my new car (2004 Volvo S60R), but I am going to start off with what is bugging me. I have oil over my engine, near the power steering reservoir and dipstick. I am fixing one by doing the PCV job (already ordered parts and did it on the 850 before). However I have heard there are issues with leaking power steering reservoir. It does not seem to be from hose clamps/hoses, but the top of the reservoir. What is the fix for this?

Thanks guys... more questions to come later!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I should have specified. The previous owner statted that only certain year models were good. Anyone hear of that?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I guess I should have specified. The previous owner statted that only certain year models were good. Anyone hear of that?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
That's not true anymore. The '04 reservoir design was updated to fix its issues.

·
Registered
121 Posts
03-04 version is crap. Swap the newer one. Not a big deal.
Fluid Reservoir - 30645621
Suction Hose - 30740267

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
I upgraded to the 05-07 reservoir for my 04, as lanovik has indicated. Also a good time to flush your power steering fluid.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Well you can't use an 05+ reservoir because the hoses are different.
Nonsense. Even if you don't want to swap to the new hose (which one should) you can twist the old hose into position and it works just fine.

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
Alex - Yes, you'll want to replace the reservoir, pressure hose, and the hose clamps.

Qty. 1 -- Part# 30645621 - RESERVOIR
Qty. 1 -- Part# 30740267 - P/S SUCTION HOSE
Qty. 2 -- Part# 988024 - HOSE CLAMP

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
Alex - Yes, you'll want to replace the reservoir, pressure hose, and the hose clamps.

Qty. 1 -- Part# 30645621 - RESERVOIR
Qty. 1 -- Part# 30740267 - P/S SUCTION HOSE
Qty. 2 -- Part# 988024 - HOSE CLAMP
^^^That one

1 - 20 of 36 Posts