SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a replacement kit. I don't need the long expensive hose that runs back to the turbo since the culprit has been diagnosed as a faulty oil trap. I'll most likely inspect it and clean it, need be. Given that, I'm ok with replacing everything else. Anyone have any recommendations for replacement kits that don't have that hose? I've found one that seems to be legit from eEuroparts:

http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/57341/Crankcase-Vent-System-Kit-102K10090/

That's right in my price range, so unless some advises against it, I'll get it. How are URO parts? Seems like the major parts are atleast OEM, which is nice.

My other option is to piece it together via fcpeuro and ipdusa, but that ends up being a bit pricier.

Also, does it matter what kind of hose-clamp pliers you get for the Volvo OEM clamps? Or are they universal? Thanks

EDIT: Better yet, forget the Oetiker clamps, right? Worm gear clamps should suffice, right? If so, what sizes and how many?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Worm clamps will work. Get the euro ones though so it takes a metric socket on the head. And they are made better.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Worm clamps will work. Get the euro ones though so it takes a metric socket on the head. And they are made better.
Any recommendations on sizes and how many? And what brand? Can't seem to find that info since the clamps are just listed by part number, thanks.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Cheapest option to piece together a kit will be volvopartslisle.com Just pull up the schematic and order what you needed. Cheapest oem parts by far.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'll have the worm clamp data as I get to this job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'm looking for a replacement kit. I don't need the long expensive hose that runs back to the turbo since the culprit has been diagnosed as a faulty oil trap. I'll most likely inspect it and clean it, need be. Given that, I'm ok with replacing everything else. Anyone have any recommendations for replacement kits that don't have that hose? I've found one that seems to be legit from eEuroparts:

http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/57341/Crankcase-Vent-System-Kit-102K10090/

That's right in my price range, so unless some advises against it, I'll get it. How are URO parts? Seems like the major parts are atleast OEM, which is nice.

My other option is to piece it together via fcpeuro and ipdusa, but that ends up being a bit pricier.

Also, does it matter what kind of hose-clamp pliers you get for the Volvo OEM clamps? Or are they universal? Thanks

EDIT: Better yet, forget the Oetiker clamps, right? Worm gear clamps should suffice, right? If so, what sizes and how many?
Is it ok to clean that long hose and re-use? I've been told that's a no-no on the P2/R cars whereas was acceptable on the P1 PCV systems. I went that route with my '06 and looks like I have to go back in and replace it anyway.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it ok to clean that long hose and re-use? I've been told that's a no-no on the P2/R cars whereas was acceptable on the P1 PCV systems. I went that route with my '06 and looks like I have to go back in and replace it anyway.
This is the first I've heard that it's not OK. I've seen a lot of suggestions to just clean it if it's not the main culprit of the system. Fortunately, mine has been diagnosed as a failing oil trap so I'll just be replacing that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts