SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local shop says mine has gone bad and is what is causing my chasis settings fault (can't switch between settings, get error message, anti0skid warning).

Is this something I could switch out myself fairly easily with basic tools? I can't find a How To anywhere online so I figured someone here may be able point me in the right direction or tell me how to switch it out.

Thank you guys as always.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Well it depends on if it's the accelerometer that's gone bad, or if your strut wires have been sliced. An accelerometer is a separate part, so you can unplug the strut and replace the meter if you need to.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I just talked to my mechanic. It is the front left acceleration sensor in the bumper. Has anyone changed that out? Would I need to take the bumper off? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Yes must remove bumper.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
And the connector yes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, I'm going to see if I can find one on Ebay rather than ordering a set of two from ipd at over 175.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Front bumper is pretty easy to remove. Pop the hood, click in and remove the 6 rivets on the top of the bumper. Take your bone tool and carefully pry up the two trim strips on the front of the bumper at the part closest to the center of the bumper and pull them back until a couple tabs pop out and then you'll see a couple holes where there's a 12 13 or 14mm bolt (I can't remember which), one behind each trim strip. Remove those 2. Then turn the steering wheel a little to the right and go to the left wheel and loosen the little torx screw at the edge of the wheel well so that the mechanism releases the bumper. Turn the wheels the opposite way and do the same on the other side and you should be able to pull the whole thing off. Your fog lights will still be connected so don't try and rip it off just set it down gently.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Look for a part out here on the forum for one. Will find one much cheaper than going new.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, found the problem. The driver's side strut accelerometer and wiring are completely gone. WTF? Anyway, Can anyone point me to a diagram of where the wire should run and where it should plug in to after an accelerometer is mounted back to the strut?

Also, what is the part number to look for (driver side front) 2004 S60R?

And if anyone is parting out a car and wants to sell me a used working one cheap just let me know asap. Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is what it looks like now. Can anyone show me where to run the missing wire and plug it back in after I mount the accelerometer to the strut?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump to see if anyone knows where to run the cord and plug it in after I bolt the new one to the strut.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
The cord plugs in up by the brake booster, not by the headlight. There should be a series of clips that secure it along the brake lines and wheel rotation sensors, just use some basic common sense to make sure it secured properly so it doesn't get mangled by the driveshaft once its all together and driving around.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, in this area? I don't see any clips empty so the cord must be broken off somewhere but I don't know which one it is.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The wire runs down the brake lines and down around onto the strut. Get a light and look around.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't see any empty clips in the engine compartment. Can anyone show me which clip/outlet the front left strut accelerometer plugs into?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Off topic, but what air box are you running?. Looks really nice. Very good looking engine bay!!

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Instead of bumping, why don't you trace the wires going down from the clip and see which is the one that has been cut to the wheel. We can't do the actual leg work for you. Telling you which doesn't mean much since the clip there just holds several different connectors, so there is no guarantee that the place it is on our car will be the same it is on yours.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts