SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered the Elevate P21YW front turn signal bulbs for my 04 S60R. This is also the bulb the manual states to use. I get the drivers side off and attempt to put in the new bulb, but surprise, no fit. The OEM has 2 contacts and the notches are 180 degrees away from each other and the Elevate bulb has only 1 contact and the notches are at an angle significantly less. They do not work with the bulb housing. I contacted Elevate and had to leave a message today, and no one has called back since 2 pm. I checked the order and appears correct. Any information anyone has to help me with this issue would be great. thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Try them in your reverse or blinkers I ran into the same thing the fronts are like duel filiment

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they are dual filaments. The bulbs flash orange, so I won't try them in the reverse spot. By blinkers, I assume you mean turn signal lights, which is what I am referring to.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
So I ordered the Elevate P21YW front turn signal bulbs for my 04 S60R. This is also the bulb the manual states to use. I get the drivers side off and attempt to put in the new bulb, but surprise, no fit. The OEM has 2 contacts and the notches are 180 degrees away from each other and the Elevate bulb has only 1 contact and the notches are at an angle significantly less. They do not work with the bulb housing. I contacted Elevate and had to leave a message today, and no one has called back since 2 pm. I checked the order and appears correct. Any information anyone has to help me with this issue would be great. thanks
If Elevate doesn't get back to you.
Grab a metal file and shave off one of the nubs if you want to use it. Nothing incredibly wrong by using a a dual filament bulb in a single bulb socket or vice versa.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice, and I hope I do not have to resort to doing that as I do not want to risk it not working, and once I tamper with the bulbs, I can longer send back. Is it common for Elevate not to return voicemails/emails? No one answers the phone and I left a voicemail on 3/1, an email on 3/1 and another voicemail on 3/9. If they do in fact make the correct bulbs to fit the 04 S60R, I would want to return them and get the correct bulbs. This is not a good first time experience this company.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Good luck with that. Search the forums regarding Elevate, there is plenty of recent feedback regarding the company.

As for the bulb, it's simple electronics if you can even call it that. The metal nubs that stick out from the base are for mounting purposes only and not part of the circuit. The only contact points the bulb/connection it requires is the base (metal) and the contact point at the bottom of the bulb.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ok thanks. It's not just the electrode that is the issue, it's the notches on the side which allow the bulb to turn and seat itself into the socket. The notches are not 180 degrees apart, as in the OEM bulbs. They are at an angle significantly less and will not fit into the socket. I sent another email requesting an RA number to return the product.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good news.....I heard back from a rep from Elevate this afternoon via email and he was very apologetic for the delay in response and he let me know that some S60R's have the single element and some have the dual element in the front signals, and that the back are single element. He asked me if I could use them on the tail lights and I said yes. He said to keep the set for the back and that he would be sending me a pair of the dual element bulbs for the front. So it all looks like it's going to work out.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
good news.....I heard back from a rep from Elevate this afternoon via email and he was very apologetic for the delay in response and he let me know that some S60R's have the single element and some have the dual element in the front signals, and that the back are single element. He asked me if I could use them on the tail lights and I said yes. He said to keep the set for the back and that he would be sending me a pair of the dual element bulbs for the front. So it all looks like it's going to work out.
Good to know. Did the manual have a different bulb specified for the front?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, manual only states P21YW for front and rear, and does not specify single or dual element. I actually have not checked the tail lights yet. It is possible that they are dual element as well, which would make more sense to have both the front and rear turn signals to be the same and not different within each vehicle. If I can't use the original ones sent on the rear, no big deal as I wasn't planning on changing those anyway. If that is the case, I'll have two sets of two (4 total) bulbs available to forum members for a single element rear signal light (or front signal light if there S60R is single element).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts